• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    VALORANT idk if this is a thing yet, but its a cool hiding spot for killjoy's swarm grenade and alarm bot

    VALORANT idk if this is a thing yet, but its a cool hiding spot for killjoy's swarm grenade and alarm bot


    idk if this is a thing yet, but its a cool hiding spot for killjoy's swarm grenade and alarm bot

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    [True Story] Last act, I unknowingly Roofie-d myself and had terrible mental lag so bad that my performance dropped from plat 2 to silver 3. Suddenly, This act started and I performed extremely well.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    TL;DR at the bottom____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    So yeah funny (true) story time. I started Act 2 as a plat 2, but played around with a giant crosshair to troll people for about a month. Then after that I decided it's time to get serious and climb back up.

    However for some strange reason suddenly I play really terribly. I feel that my brain feels somewhat laggy and it always get worse after the 2nd round. I found it actually really hard to climb out of silver. This hurt my pride because I know I was a plat 2 who could go toe to toe with diamond 1/2 players and I didn't know why I'm having so much trouble against silvers.

    I thought of some reasons that maybe it was the big crosshair that affected my overall aiming permanently and also looking too much at silver / bronze plays that I became them. So I downloaded aim lab to try fix my aim and it sorta worked but it's the same thing over again. I would perform well on the first round and eventually start to decline. Sometimes the performance loss would even creep in 10 rounds into the first game.

    I thought maybe I wasn't a night owl and I need to try playing again during the day. i tried playing during the day but it had somewhat similar results. I got a slightly better performance but that brain lag always comes in after the first game and my performance goes down hill real fast. By the third game I'm a full blown bronze player.

    This time I'm really baffled, could it really be that I'm growing old or is it the degenerate things that I do that gave me brain damage. At this point I just excepted that this was a part of growing old and got depressed.

    Then came act 3, suddenly I just did really well. What I was trying to achieve for the past 1-2 months was achieved in 2 days. I used to only play 2 games each night because the mental fatigue would creep in but for this act, I played 4 games each night staying up beyond my usual sleeping time but I was still able to performing better than usual and still feel alert. So I wonder, what happened?

    I know some people in reddit mentioned that lots of gold smurfs go back to their main account at the beginning of each act so there's less smurfs but that didn't explain why I was so alert and performed well even after 2 games.

    So I started thinking back what changed recently, and I figured out the culprit immediately. Last week my soap ran out and I decided to change to a different soap. And this is where I realised I've been accidentally roofie-ing myself for the past month because my last soap was lavender soap. It was one of the good kind that had lavender essential oil in it. Before I play my games at night, I always take a shower. And during the day I would have come back from lunch / work / gym and I always take a shower cuz I gotta wash the corona virus off.

    The soap helps me sleep well at night but it never crossed my mind that it could be so potent. The mental lag( or relaxation) really affected my ability to focus for intense games that require split second reflexes like Valorant and it made me super depressed for the past 1 1/2month because even with aim lab, I still feel myself slowing down after the first game and I thought something was honestly wrong with me, be it health problems or growing old. Who would have thought it was the bloody soap that's making me too relaxed to play Valorant.

    Now that I've gotten that out of the way, the new skin is amazing, there's gonna be a new agent and map, Valorant is becoming hella fun for me again and the depression is instantly gone.

    Thanks for reading, hope you guys enjoyed my terrible mistake.

    The culprit: https://imgur.com/a/tg5L4rO

    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________TL;DR

    I started act 2 as a plat 2 , but made my crosshair big AF and ended up in silver. I tried to climb back up but failed because I suddenly felt horribly sluggish and it gets worse after the first game.

    At the start of act 3, I started playing really well. And this coincided with me changing soaps. I always take a shower before I play games at night or after I come back from lunch in mid day cuz you know, gotta wash them corona virus off.

    My last soap had lavender essential oils, I never thought it would be that potent but apparently it's what caused my sluggish performance for the last month and made my play level to a silver3/gold 1 level because after changing soaps I am still alert and doing well after 3 games. Valorant is now amazing for me again.

    submitted by /u/MEWOMEWOMEWOMEWO
    [link] [comments]

    Killjoy Icebox - tips and tricks that everyone you should know

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    If you’re worried about your rank stop it.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    So I'm going through a lot of posts about "low elo" "how to rank up" "game is broken" etc right now.

    Remember the ranks got soft reset less than a week ago. A lot of people have been ranked 2-3 and in some cases 4-5 ranks below their peak in act 2. You still have till the end of the year to get back to where you think you "belong".

    For the time being atleast try to understand why you're losing fights. Did you peek too wide ? Did you not react fast enough ? Did you misread the play ? Is your aim not on point ? Did the hitreg screw you over ? Was it your positioning ? Did you get constantly traded out ?

    I know this feels like a normal blah blah blah post but for a second stop worrying about rank and think if you're enjoying this as a game. If you are you will create a positive atmosphere for yourself to thrive in.

    Understanding your mistake will also help you fix it and get better over the long run. By getting frustrated or worried you will unintentionally put pressure on yourself because you think you "belong" in a higher rank.

    If you've read this far yeah you're probably frustrated so chill for a while have some faith in your skills and be the first to criticise yourself when needed and at the end of the day just enjoy the game for a couple more weeks by which time the chaos in ranked will be more settled.

    submitted by /u/Arlysion
    [link] [comments]

    add a replay system

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    they should add a system where you can watch your matches from your career tab, and also a way to capture a replay, yeah there are apps out there made to capture replay but honestly it's more convenient to have it in the game itself. overwatch has this and honestly it's such a great feature to watch how you performed in a match, and to capture some sick ace every once in a while

    submitted by /u/Very_blasphemous
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone feel like lucky shots happen way too often?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    There's been way too many times where I get kills I wasn't supposed to get. Sometimes I whiff hard on someone but the RNG on the spray magically bounces one bullet into their head. Obviously lucky shots happen, that's just the way life is, but my point is that it feels like it happens a bit too much.

    Another thing is that people seem to be able to reliably hit most of their shots on me even while they're moving but that could just be the peeker's advantage.

    submitted by /u/Plus_Manufacturer
    [link] [comments]

    We need Agent Specific Keybinds!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    I have played overwatch for a couple of years and one of the best things in the game is hero specific keybinds, wondering if we could get something similar on Valorant!

    submitted by /u/HDinis07
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feels playing like garbage atm ?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Hey Guys/Girls,
    I was just wondering if anyone else feels like he cant even hit the easiest shots atm.
    Last Season I finished in Dia 3, pretty okay, loosing two then winning two and so on.
    But after the Patch 1.10 it feels like I cant hit sht... I got demoted in the new Season from Dia 3 to Dia 1 in a 12 Game Loosing Streak... i get clapped from everyone, Immortal or Platnium, it doesnt matter, it seems like my shoots are 80% ghost shots, is there anything with the windows update which changed the way the game works or some new features ingame ? .... Im not sure it started on patchday when the new Valorant Patch and at the same time the new Win Version were installed.
    Sometimes it really feels like the enemys can see me a second earlier than i can see them.
    144 HZ and 220 fps btw so its not about the fps or refresh rate... for me i changed legit nothing since last season, feelin LOST ...

    Any Tips or Fixes ? or same issues maybe ?

    Greetings from Germany, OM3N.
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    EDIT. Got a Tool from Riot, If they find anything that will Help me i let you know !

    submitted by /u/adik836
    [link] [comments]

    Why Split is becoming Attack Sided at the Pro Level

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm Spin and I'm a Valorant coach in the EU scene. I've done a couple of vod reviews in the past on how Team Liquid won without smokes and how FPX use their ultimates.

    Recently we've seen a string of results where teams win more rounds on attack than defence on split, something which would have been unheard of a month or so ago.

    I've reviewed a vod from SUMN FC, a contender team in Europe who have had a couple of great results giving them a top 5 ranking at time of writing. One thing they excel at is their attacking side on Split. There are a few notable things that they do which are becoming increasingly common:

    • SUMN FC use both Jett and Raze as well as Breach. This lets them run very fast execute rounds where the Raze and Jett burst into site quickly, supported by the breach flashes from long range. This gives the rest of the team a huge amount of room to take the site.
    • They switch between these fast executes and a very methodical default where they slowly take control of mid and then deny all information to their opponent before executing late in the round. By denying info and using some simple fakes they reduce the likelihood that their opponents stack up one site making their executes more effective.
    • Having no info also often forces mistakes from their opponents as they overextend to try to find out where SUMN FC are playing.
    • The counterplay to their slow default is to stack mid, however this leaves the sites vulnerable to a fast execute. The counterplay to the fast executes is to heavily defend sites which leaves mid vulnerable to SUMN FC's default. This makes any defensive setup a gamble and gives SUMN FC a lot of passive pressure as their opponents have to try to work out how SUMN FC will play and make macro team movements quickly to react. FPX do this very well.

    This setup, which has been used by a few teams has left us with a lot of results where teams have won on their attacking halves – even on split which is supposed to be very defence sided. I think this is likely to influence how teams play on other maps with more teams likely to pick up Jett and Raze rather than one or the other which has been the case the majority of the time.

    It may also lead to a situation where teams choose a more defensive lineup when playing defence first in order to get through the defence and win on the attacking side where the Jett and Raze combo seem much weaker. I think we can expect to see these kind of plays a lot going into first strike and I can't wait to see how SUMN FC do after their recent results.

    Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/coachspin
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: A "block" or "avoid as teammate" button for toxic players (old post being bumped)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:23 PM PDT

    Have you ever actually remade a game?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    Hi, after my placements I got kinda stuck in elo hell and have an afk nearly every game. They usually spawn first round, don't even move and then abandon the very next round. So a full game of 4v5, yet I've never been able to remake. Is it actually in the game?

    submitted by /u/ejpon3453
    [link] [comments]

    The rank Reset (Sort of)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    I did bad in my placement games, like bad bad. So i end up in bronze, pretty bad compared to before. The games here seem to be so inconsistent i feel bad for people who are genuinely stuck at this level. Every second game there is toxic people that i have to mute, 1-2 afks nearly every game and rarely teammates that treat you like humans.

    I get accused of hacking and smurfing because i'm obv have higher skill and making me feel bad about myself. Pray for me to eventually get out of this place.

    submitted by /u/TEEMOOTEE
    [link] [comments]

    It’s about time we got bots

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:23 AM PDT

    In CS when a teammate would abandon the match, the lovely developers would let you play with a bot of you died before it and were lucky enough to take control of it before it got itself killed, I feel like it's incredibly unfair for players especially in mid to low elo where unreliable players are prevalent, to have to continue a game undermanned and with only ult orb to split amongst the 4 of you. Even then, if you play a competitive game while undermanned you will be penalized as if you had a full squad. If you add the ability for players to take control of a BOT with zero abilities, it'll greatly improve your games. And allows for some level of out play against your enemies. Just like in CS the bot is lowkey suicidal so you would still have to communicate using your comms wheel to get it to listen to you, but it's so much better then freaking sharing an ult orb. I also believe that comp especially should have the ability for you to votekick, sure it will require 4 outta 5 votes, but this solves the issue of people being toxic and throwing. Allow us players to control some of what is happening in our own teams. Valorant is very concerned about how abilities and counter play allow us to control our enemies. But we literally have 0 ways to control our own teams. It's about time they finally fixed this frequent issue.

    submitted by /u/poopybutthole98
    [link] [comments]

    Immortal+ W/L not implemented?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    Is the change for W/L in immortal+ ranks being all that matters for MMR increase, not individual performance, not implemented yet? I thought this was announced in act 3 patch notes. Won some games and got 2 up arrows, friend got 3 up arrows. I'm immortal, he's immortal 3.

    submitted by /u/tensioncsgo
    [link] [comments]

    Matching is so broken

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Valorant recently has become unplayable for me every comp game I queue I get smurfs or people that are way too high of a rank (I am bronze 1) I have queued against a plat 2 and gold 3 in multiple games in a row it always golds or silvers and I never play my skill group.

    submitted by /u/Bulgie_23
    [link] [comments]

    Ranking is not the easiest for an iron.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    My poor friend has been trying to get out of iron for a few days now and I think this screenshot really demonstrates his journey.

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735570269275553884/767807514234060800/unknown.png

    submitted by /u/shop_mr_beast
    [link] [comments]

    Valorant is the game that will only get better (short version at bottom)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! I've been meaning to post this for a while but I've never really sat down to do it. So Valorant in it's current state is a great game but has it's problems that we see reported on this subreddit daily. AFKs, Hit detection, Not enough maps, glitches just the general stuff you see on this subreddit instead of all the awesome edits with cool music.

    After listning some of these issues and thinking about Valorant in it's current state we could argue... Its not looking great...

    BUT!!!!

    Valorant has only been out for a couple of months and it's a massive online game that has a community all over the world that is constantly growing and will probally grow even more if/when the game expands into the console and mobile market. The game is still in its baby phase and finding its feet not everything can launch and be an instant success. Not everything is perfect down to the last detail the devs couldn't predict the Nanoswarm for Killjoy would be so powerful right away. The game isn't even a year old yet in good time the bugs like hit detection will be fixed and more and more patches will roll out making the game so much smoother, consistent and overall better to play.

    The Valorant dev team are talented, hardworking and devoted individuals that are constantly refreshing this reddit to find an issue that needs to be tackled in the game. Complaints about the OP? Riot got right on it. Complaints about only 4 maps? They only went and released a map an entire 3 months early! My point is it's rare we see a dev team that cares this much about a game and about its community and this is just one of many reasons Valorant can only get better.

    On another note right now I understand skins cost like £80, $100 ect. But let's keep in mind Valorant is a free to play game with in game purchases. I feel like Riot wanted a way to make the money spent on Valorant back fast so bumped up the prices of skins. If a skin pack went for £20 it'd be acsessible to everyone and then more people would be buying it meaning more money for Riot say only 20/100 buy a £80 skin pack but 80/100 buy a £20 skinpack that's £1600 (if my maths is correct which it rarely is) either way cos 80 people x £20. Anwyays my point is when they make more money from the game the price of skins should hopefully drop.

    Shortened version/conclusion: To sum it up, Valorant is a game that is still finding its feet and while it may have its problems it has a dedicated, responsive team of developers working round the clock to make sure we get the best experience we can have and listen to the community on how the game can improve. It could take a while but give it time Valorant will only get better.

    submitted by /u/Warrenx_Wallerx
    [link] [comments]

    Valorant needs an option for reporting gender-based harassment/aggression.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    The amount of toxicity towards women that I experience and witness in Valorant is absolutely ridiculous. The only option for reporting is based around normal communication abuse-- which doesn't work, since in many cases these players only show their true colours when a feminine-sounding player enters their team.

    The worst part is that it's accepted. The gender harassment is seen as a joke by other players, and your options are either ignore them, laugh it off and feel uncomfortable, or make the game tense by telling them off. So no one else is reporting them, which makes it a blip on the reporting scale.

    Valorant is so bad for gender-based harassment. Something needs to be put in place to directly combat it.

    submitted by /u/MapleJinx
    [link] [comments]

    1v3 and a crazy flick to get the ace

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Reyna Ultimate line change?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Yes the line is the same. But have you guys heard an enemy Reyna use her ult in the last 2 weeks or so. So do the effects sound different, it seem a little quieter to me and less of a ROAR and more of a Crazy Lady. This probably made no sense but if you know what im talking about please let me know....

    submitted by /u/Hero2213
    [link] [comments]

    Low Elo solo queuing can be miserable

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Just had a game (silver 1) where we lost 10-13 and I went 17-19-3 (pretty much exactly the same as the rest of my team). I was the only one who ever said anything in coms the entire game and was hung out to dry a couple times because of no coms, and at the end of the game one guy finally says "holy Omen (me) you're terrible." Why do people play this game just to be angsty and bitchy while not even trying to help the team?

    submitted by /u/cabero12
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t display ranks until after game please

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    I really wish ranks weren't displayed until after the match is over. It creates a toxic environment based around the relative ranks between teammates as well as enemies and it has a negative effect on the gameplay. There is no need to see anything until after the game in my opinion and I think making this change could help reduce some of the toxicity in game.

    Is there a good reason as to why riot wants to display ranks during the game that I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/chawklett69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment