• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 14, 2021

    VALORANT AMA Announcement: VALORANT Competitive team will be here Jan. 14, 3PM PT

    VALORANT AMA Announcement: VALORANT Competitive team will be here Jan. 14, 3PM PT


    AMA Announcement: VALORANT Competitive team will be here Jan. 14, 3PM PT

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 05:48 PM PST

    This is Ian 'Brighteyz' Fielding, senior producer with the VALORANT Competitive team. Join me and a few other members of the team for an AMA Thursday 1/14/21, from 3-4 PM PT, to go over all the rank and competitive system changes in Episode 2 Act I. Prepare those questions!

    submitted by /u/RiotBrighteyz
    [link] [comments]

    Yoru teleport lineup to enemy spawn on Bind

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:13 AM PST

    Does anyone feel like they're a half second behind?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:11 AM PST

    I'd say like 1 put of every 4 games it feels like I'm playing with a half second delay on my end. Il see shots that flat out register and if I knife a wall the animations like 90% done and to the point where hes pulling his back to the resting spot before the knife mark pops up. Anyone know a solution or have this happen? Or am I better of restarting the game after every game is over

    submitted by /u/Quiggys
    [link] [comments]

    People should stop hating on bad players who are trying their best.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:14 AM PST

    As a player with not the best aim myself, having not much shooter background before valorant, It feels bad to be picked on by better players when you're just trying your best and enjoying the game. I have also noticed people being mean to younger kids just because of their age and their high pitched voice. This toxicity needs to stop. We are valorant, we need to show what a great community we are.

    Edit: Its truly sad that this post is controversial

    submitted by /u/xXZackAttakkXX_TTV
    [link] [comments]

    If you’re not going to play seriously, stick to unrated.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 10:02 PM PST

    After a long day some of us want to relax and unwind and play Valorant. However, there's always two options. Competitive is for people who want take the game seriously.

    The amount of times people treat comp like unrated like not grabbing spike, flaming team mates instead of doing useful comms, and buying ODIN or OP and dying first every round is annoying to people like me who always try their best.

    I know no one on this sub is guilty, but it's like people forget there's a casual game mode for goofing around and a competitive one for trying to win. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

    Edit: ODIN/OP is fine they are great weapons but try to stay alive with them and not rush down mid on defense like the guy who inspired me to write this

    submitted by /u/baby-yodas-head
    [link] [comments]

    Agent select screen should be showing the map in the background.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:17 AM PST

    As the titel says. With the new episode I realized that the agent select screen in the back was Ascent the whole time. It would be nice to have a separate background for each map in my opinion. The new background for Icebox is nice but I hope he won't last until the end of episode 2.

    submitted by /u/FoxieTheFox
    [link] [comments]

    I made a Yoru wallpaper

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:21 AM PST

    Are Yoru’s footsteps supposed to trigger Razes BoomBot?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:54 AM PST

    I was playin split yesterday and noticed that when I used my bot in mid and the Yoru on the other team sent footsteps down mid it would trigger my bot like there was someone there over his fake footsteps animations, but would just follow them and not blow up?

    submitted by /u/acey901234
    [link] [comments]

    List of ALL Yoru Voice Lines

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:31 AM PST

    Lock In: "I'll fight anybody. I'll fight everybody."

    Abilities:"My portal broke!" "Portal closed!"

    Everything else: "Don't stop fighting. You must keep going, even if you are the only one."

    "This neighborhood used to be so much better without this kingdom sh*t."

    "They want more of me? Fine."

    "Help that old man find his grave."

    "This isn't over!"

    "5 enemies? 5 for me. None, for anyone else."

    "Remember. If we attack first, we'll never have to retaliate."

    "I'm leaving now. See you at the next apocalypse."

    "What brand are your knives, Jett? They're not Mammoth... Sogretto, maybe? I need one for my collection."

    "I was the best? I'm shocked." 🙄

    "You made them look like idiots, Jett. Do that again."

    "It seems this science sh*t has some use after all, Killjoy."

    "Should I shoot them in the face, or stab them in the back? I'll decide later."

    "It's easier if I sneak in an kill everybody. Don't make it complicated."

    "Wow. You really suck. That is a good look for you!"

    "There are more answers here... I just need to find them."

    "Your biggest mistake... was that you pissed me off."

    "The enemy Skye is here... I never liked the zoo..."

    "Who killed me? They're dead!"

    "How did every piece of trash end up on the same team?" <-- LOL

    "Thanks for helping me take out the trash."

    "Send 5 more! We can do this again!"

    "If the world ends again, tell me. I'd hate to miss it."

    "I guess working together isn't that bad."

    "Reyna, I'll take one side if you take the other. They'll be dead in 5 seconds."

    "Who let an old man out of the nursing home?"

    "That's me over there! Now I can kick my own ass."

    "Let's see what you've got, Sova."

    "It's impressive what Breach can do when he shuts up for a second."

    "Why did they bring Sage? Now they have to die twice... idiots!"

    "Reyna! With me!"

    "The dimensional fabricator is dead. I'll tear through."

    "These guys caught me in a mood. Bad luck for them."

    "Omen. Let's teleport and spook those guys. We'll make this a REAL horror show..."

    "It's my Earth. Now get out!"

    "They forgot who they're dealing with."

    "Who were you, ancestor... and where the hell did you go?"

    "You're all obsessed with teamwork, so I'll try it."

    this took me a very VERY long time to make.

    submitted by /u/F1re_Foxx
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else start playing badly after a toxic team mate?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:42 AM PST

    Usually my first two rounds aren't that grade. I either get no kills or just a few. I'm not a bad player, i get match MVP and team MVP quite a lot but the moment a teammate starts being rude to me or picking on me, I start playing extremely badly... Even if i try to get back up, it's still bad. Like my performance just completely drops for that whole game. And then i'm back on track on a completely different game.

    Also if you're a toxic teammate, fuck you

    submitted by /u/rzotten
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Viper drawing for class, First Post (OC)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:39 AM PST

    Digital Viper drawing for class, First Post (OC)

    Hope you guys like it, this is my first time drawing her and posting here as well.

    https://preview.redd.it/r0y49cct3cb61.png?width=872&format=png&auto=webp&s=6e0246d30b80680dfe04a22a9f7a0d008b92e357

    submitted by /u/snkkabl
    [link] [comments]

    I modified the Jett model to make it more similar to the Retake cinematic.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:14 AM PST

    First things first, the base model is NOT mine. I am simply making some modifications that I personally think are minor improvements. All my respect goes to the valorant art team and their decisions regarding the in-game models. I simply want to start a conversation.

    I recolored Jett's arm textures to make it look like the fabric around her body. I also reshaped her cheeks a bit to make them rounder. Finally, I gave her hair a bit more volume.

    This isn't in any way a comprehensive list of improvements that could be added, nor do I think these changes have to be added. Again, I just want to start a conversation.

    album of renders here

    submitted by /u/Aspyse
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else on fire one game and trash the next? How do you change it?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:06 AM PST

    Hi, team. I usually go into every game with excitement, trying to hype our team up. Some days, some games, I am absolutely on fire. Like, straight up, top of the team on fire. 30+ kills MVP. And then, using the same character, same map, the next game getting 5kills? Does this happen to anyone else? If so, please help me fix it!

    submitted by /u/Standard-FlipFlop
    [link] [comments]

    I had 300 comp wins during Act 3. Here are my tips, takeaways, and anecdotes.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:14 AM PST

    So, I played a lot during act 3. I finished with 300 comp wins. At a 50% win rate that's ~600 games during the act, or 6.6 games per day (I finished the battle pass in about 3-4 weeks). I peaked at D3, and usually hovered at D1. Roughly 60-70% of my games were solo 20% were 2-4 stacked and 10-20% were 5 stack. Here are my tips, observations and thoughts:

    • There are a lot of smurfs. I never smurfed, but out of the high plat/low diamond players I play with often, roughly 70% of them had smurfs that they played on this act. None of them created smurfs for the intent of having easy games and stomping noobs, nor for the purpose of specifically boosting a lower ranked player. Generally, the main incentive for smurfing was playing with a friend who was a lower rank. Its really frustrating when you are in a group that regularly plays together and one teammate hovers between p2 - d2, and another is p1 - d1, but if there's ever a time when the first is on a peak of d2 and the second is on a loss streak down to p1, you just can't play together, even among players that are normally close in rank and inarguably close in skill level. The 3 rank matchmaking policy has ultimately greatly exacerbated the smurfing problem. I'm confident in saying that every player below IMM probably had their rank affected by smurfs to some degree.

    • Cheating. There are definitely cheaters. It seemed worse in the last half of the act. To me, the prevalence of cheaters in the first half of the act was low enough to be what I'd call "acceptable" but the latter started becoming really frustrating. I had two games with players who were blatantly cheating without trying to hide it (on my own team so I could clearly see their aimbot in the death cam) and probably 20-30+ games with players I was suspicious enough of that I reported them.

    • I had many games with players that were obviously chat banned, and many of those I was invited to a party with the chat banned player. Personally, I always accepted those invites when I was solo, but roughly 50% of the time they said something report-worthy in the party chat so be prepared for that possibility if you do this.

    Solo Queue tips: I haven't played many games below plat, but I'd guess that all of these apply from Iron all the way up to diamond. Can't say if the same is true at IMM+ but at that point you probably know everything anyway.

    • Always buy with your team. I know there are varying opinions on whether your full buy after winning pistol, but I strongly suggest that no matter which option you choose, everyone should do it. You don't want to have most of the team buy and then end up dying, losing a gun and ending up in a 1v1 or 2v2 where the opponents have picked up guns and have equal or even better guns than you, all because one guy wanted to save his money and just buy a ghost. If you are in a stack, there are a lot of other strategies regarding buys and playstyle that become viable, but in solo you should always do the same thing as your team, and** play together when you have gun advantage** so you can protect any of your guns that drop. In addition to this, always think about your whole teams econ why buying, and communicate so you can all be on the same page. Nothing is more frustrating than one person forcing light armor + rifle when everyone else is saved and no one realising it until 2 seconds before the round starts.

    • If you are going to try anything unexpected or overly aggressive, let your team know.

    • "Don't AFK" is an obvious tip, but one thing I think players misunderstand the impact of is being away for only 60s of a round. It may not feel like a big a deal, but that 60s is enough for the round to already be lost or unrecoverable. I've had so many games go to 12-12 where we lost one round due to a short-term afk, and its really frustrating for everyone to when the game could have been won with better time-management.

    • Don't bait or lurk with duelists! Usually, you have a critical tool that your team needs to get into a site, so you need to be in the front! A good rule of thumb is that if your utility only works at close-medium range, you should always be with the majority of your team when pushing into a site. Agents with longer range utility that can help your team from far away are better lurkers

    • Don't play agents you don't know! Sometimes you end up in a spot during agent select where you are being asked to play something you can't play. Its always better for everyone if you just dodge. Ideally, everyone eventually learns an agent from every archetype well enough to play in comp, but we don't live in an ideal world and realistically sometimes your smokes or duelist or whatever just isn't up to par.

    • Ping your minimap. Its often a quicker way to convey a lot of information if you accompany it with comms explaining what you are pinging. It can also be useful for lining up omen flashes, sova ult, bomb during post plant, etc.

    • Solo comp games aren't the place for risky knife plays and other shenanigans . If you're in a 5 stack go for it, but in most scenarios your teammates who are trying their hardest will be irritated to see you messing around.

    • If a teammate calls a play, do the play as called unless you are able to clearly voice an alternative play. Don't try to do anything fancy or improvise unnecessarily without clearly communicating.

    • Limit the amount you request gun skins from other players. It can be cool to show off skins to each other, but do it quickly at the very start of the round, and don't let it delay your readiness.

    • If you are going to default, then default. If you are going to stack a site on attack, then if at all possible you need to commit. Usually your odds are better to say, commit to a well defended site and end up in a 3v4 post-plant than to have 5 players all grouped up for the first 30s of the round and then decide to leave and have to clear every single corner on the way to the other site (or don't check them all and die)

    • 4 stacks aren't great. Avoid them if you can. Comms and team cohesion are almost always affected unfortunately.

    • Treat all players with respect. The world is sometimes smaller than you think. I routinely see players I've played with before when solo queuing on US Central past midnight.

    submitted by /u/arkofcovenant
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else disappointed with the battlepass skins?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 07:59 PM PST

    I don't know if it's just me and my friends, but I think the battlepass skins are pretty bad compared to last season. Honestly I think the "infinity" skins would be a lot better if the color was blue instead of green. I also just don't like the "outpost" skins very much, but that's just preference. Anybody agree or disagree with me?

    submitted by /u/FalseOrganization255
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon Skin Concept: Regiment

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 10:22 PM PST

    Weapon Skin Concept: Regiment submitted by /u/RivalRudra
    [link] [comments]

    Alt-tabbing glitch

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:31 AM PST

    When ever I alt-tab from valorant. My fps just goes down and I cant properly click anything. To fix this I have to guess where the setting button is guess where the widowed button is and then guess where the apply button is. Then I have to confirm and put it back to fullscreen. Note I never had this problem before the latest patch.

    submitted by /u/Echo_Invvisible
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: OMEN TP Nerf

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 08:48 PM PST

    After playing a few games, it's quite clear that the RIOT Devs have completely messed with Omen TP's without explicitly letting the player base know about it.

    PROBLEM: Omen TP's no longer work around tight corners.

    HOW: Omen TP's apparently have to be aimed at a set distance away from any wall or object to be able to TP. ****WAY FURTHER than previously.

    So what does this mean?

    Omen players will now have to peek out wider to avoid a wall OR object than before to get a TP off and is no longer able to TP away from danger in tight areas.

    EXAMPLE: Say you're on top of box in b main on Icebox. Omen players can no longer teleport away from a rush. So if you see an Omen on the top most box in B main... he's stuck there and can't TP to safety and run to b site without getting caught from a rush.

    submitted by /u/ItzAndy
    [link] [comments]

    Plat 3 and D1 players last season, what rank are you now?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 03:34 AM PST

    Curiosity tis all. I think its ludicrous what they've done, its all hidden MMR so you have high rank players in plat 3 and also meh players in plat 3 from my experience, the meh players play against meh teams and can climb into diamond whereas my plat3 games are an absolute minefield of last season radiant that are hard as f....

    submitted by /u/In_Bed_At_8
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think The Ranks Are Messed Up Right Now?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 06:29 AM PST

    Im a gold1-silver 3 player and after the rank reset i ve placed to silver 1. I dont know if its just me but people on silver 1 aren't like silvers they re more like between gold 2 (I say that cuz i was in silver 3 and 2 for a rlly long time) and plats and i ve checked my plat friends careers and i saw that even the plats placed between silver 1-3.

    submitted by /u/Zecux
    [link] [comments]

    Omen teleports not teleporting where intended

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:19 AM PST

    Has anyone else noticed that omen teleports seem to not go where aiming as much anymore? I don't know if I'm just messing up but I feel like more of my teleports have been going right in front of me when there isn't any barriers.

    submitted by /u/Aucoinbm
    [link] [comments]

    Shotgun crosshair

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 10:07 PM PST

    9 months ago Riot said we would be able to change shotgun crosshair. We still can't. I just want to bump this issue

    submitted by /u/VaporWaveShine
    [link] [comments]

    Friend request accepted but shows offline

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:23 AM PST

    Well recently I just wanted to add the enemy team as my friends because they all accepted for a custom match and they sent me a friend request, which I had accepted but then while they request it shows they are offline but then in the chat it shows this player has requested to join your party but there's no send invite option nor when they invite me I can join them. This is happening to me for the 5th time and I'm being annoyed a lot because of this. I don't know if it's because of the new patch but it happened to me even before the patch. I mean nothing to be annoyed about, it's just so time consuming to play a custom game with the enemy team🗿

    submitted by /u/rott3napple80
    [link] [comments]

    Yoru: An interesting take on a duelist

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:04 AM PST

    Why, because unlike every other duelist, he doesn't have a damage dealing ability (1. Raze all 4 abilities deal damage 2. Phoenix 2 abilities 3. Reynas complete kit is based on solo play (an exception maybe) 4. Jett her ultimate)

    For yoru, he is amazing for initiation. In my opinion he should be an initiator. He can't be a controller or sentinel because his utilities resemble that of an initiator.

    Wat do you guys think, is he a duelist or does his kit resemble an initiator?

    submitted by /u/Bratty91
    [link] [comments]

    The new ranked system for Radiants are hilarious

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:05 PM PST

    All of my friends who were low immortal d3 are now sitting in top 500 due to they dont have to play against only radiants in plat 3 but still get double rankups its hilarious that we as radiants w 100+ wins in radiant having to hardstuck d1 and palt because we are playing against the same elo we did before this was the worst ranked decision riot has made also that they removed the biggest gap between ranks low immortal and high immortal- radiant, also last time i was hardstuck plat 3 was in beta when i started nice jump back in time

    submitted by /u/inverted_view
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment