• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 8, 2020

    VALORANT Vision Cones are broken in this game, we need a fix

    VALORANT Vision Cones are broken in this game, we need a fix


    Vision Cones are broken in this game, we need a fix

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    I've encountered quite a few instances where I see my teammate holding an angle from the minimap and I trust them, but then I get shot by an opponent who my teammate should have seen and killed. I thought I was going crazy. But nope, the vision cones in this game are totally broken. On many angles/corners of all maps, you can find these examples, just check where my aim is and compare it with the vision cone on the minimap:

    Haven A Long into site: https://i.imgur.com/774ycXn.jpg

    Haven mid Window into B site: https://i.imgur.com/OMsKEzU.jpg - To be honest this is just absurdly stupid..

    Bind CT spawn to pipes/heaven: https://i.imgur.com/HlzPTnl.jpg

    Bind Tower to showers: https://i.imgur.com/xykl5g0.jpg

    Bind Lamp to A short: https://i.imgur.com/ypA7UYt.jpg

    Bind A short to Truck: https://i.imgur.com/untyAq9.jpg

    Bind B Long to B site: https://i.imgur.com/F0Lprii.jpg

    Ascent Mid top to Mid bottom: https://i.imgur.com/94T1PE6.jpg

    and none of these are like by a hair or something, all of them are egregious. Just check how much of a distance I have to sidestep to be able to actually see Ascent mid bottom from top mid: https://i.imgur.com/igwm30b.jpg

    I was too lazy to find some on Split too and I'm sure there are tons more in all of the maps. All this took just a 10 minute quick look by myself.

    submitted by /u/sabocano
    [link] [comments]

    We need a setting to have an alternate flash

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    So my epileptic friend has been interested in the game but he just knows the flashbangs are gonna fuck him up, although it was alright for him in the vids he watched about it because I had already warned him about how they look and when to skip the time, I was thinking maybe a blackscreen option could help the, play the game? Also to convince riot: this could attract future customers.

    Sorry if my thought were a bit all over the place hope you guys at least understand what I'm trying to say

    submitted by /u/Boudac123
    [link] [comments]

    Guys, I think Valorant has given me a problem in real life

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    So I am in Iron 1, I have only been playing for a few days. Whenever I face a Cypher, I don't know where they will place their trip wires because I simply don't have much experience. I don't know if it's the noise or the fact that I've died multiple times after hitting a trip wire, but I noticed that, especially if it's dark, I tend to look down and try to step over an "invisible tripwire." I never did this before playing Valorant, I think I've been legitimately traumatized by Cypher.

    submitted by /u/lilCranberry5622
    [link] [comments]

    The viper buffs we need

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    For the past five or six patches, viper has been buffed over and over, and yet we haven't seen a particularly effective improvement in the sense that she is viable in any way against other controllers or even just all the other agents in general. In the most recent major tournament, pop flash, she STILL has a 0% win rate. It would be jumping the gun to rework her though because I feel there are still some obvious buffs she could have before something just needs a major change (given she still doesn't improve). The only part of her kit that seems to be in a good place right now is her ult, especially after the 15seconds-outside and decay-doesn't-hurt-allies buff. Her other abilities could be buffed as follows:

    Snake Bite

    • Increase the damage on these mollies (to 35-45DPS), because right now they still do less than half the other agent mollies. There's no reason not to put them on the same level. The argument can not be made anymore that it's because she has two - killjoy exists. Right now, they are simply not threatening.

    • Have the "vulnerable" debuff linger for two seconds after they leave the snake bite like they were said to do after the initial buff anyways. It's VERY rare that a viper can capitalize on the debuff, and again, makes it non-threatening because of how easy it is escaped.

    Poison Orb

    • Make the smoke retrievable from any distance by holding the ability button. This one is simple but will help with not wasting it for the round once you've thrown it somewhere. Cypher can do it, killjoy can do it. If viper is meant to be the more defensive controller, than she should have access to sentinel-type QoL ability styles

    Toxic Screen

    • Right now, the wall already has a smoke-spread visual effect along the bottom of the wall. I would suggest increasing the area of the smoke spread to create a rectangular area along the floor around the wall that counts as a decay area. This would allow a little more aggression in vipers kit as well as making the wall more threatening to peek through, similar to phoenix's wall, which can do a surprising amount of damage if you walk through.

    Decay

    • Right now, the 2 seconds after opponents leave her smokes, they keep the decayed health they have. Perhaps in those 2 seconds, opponents could continue to have their health decay and then immediately replenish. Again, this would make her abilities more threatening.

    Of course, I still believe in the gradual balance approach. Introducing all of these at once or even over time could certainly move viper from the worst agent to overtuned. But even just adding one or two of these would push her more towards the right direction. They mostly focus on increasing the threat factor within her kit. After all, how can she "control" anything if there's generally a low risk of pushing her in any situation?

    submitted by /u/Dexagons
    [link] [comments]

    Dreamt of Omen

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    I was in a very competitive match. I was about to clutch the game for overtime, but omen used his ultimate. My radar got censored. He teleported behind me and turned off my monitor, making my screen go black. I lost the game and deranked to gold 1.

    I knew it was a dream once I woke up because my actual rank shows iron 2.

    submitted by /u/Qums
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you, Reddit.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    The response to my videos was really overwhelming. Not only did I get tons of suggestions to improve my gameplay, but I also met quite a lot of other fellow limb different gamers! The Valorant gameplay reached all the way to Scott Gelb; and he generously dropped $1000 in my fundraiser, just like that!

    Since there were a LOT of questions and recommendations and I couldn't reply to everyone, here's some FAQs answered:

    1. No, I didn't lose my arm in an accident. Congenital amputation is a term for being born without a limb.
    2. Thank you for all the mouse suggestions, but I'm really used to playing with G402. I did try a MMO once, but it just didn't feel right. Might go for a G502 tho :p
    3. Things I'm really considering doing:
      - Get foot pedals

    - Get a keyboard with lesser keys to get more space

    - Lowering my mouse sensitivity

    1. Yes, I do struggle with controls like running diagonally right (pressing W and D together).

    2. To everyone saying I'm better than you, I'm probably not. Those are just some of my best moments you saw.

    3. I find it easiest to switch weapons with the scroll so I cannot switch it to jump, as suggested by a few.

    4. No, it does not hurt my stump when I press it on the keys. The keys are really soft, it's not mechanical.

    5. My whole setup.

    6. Everyone calling me "karma whore" and "attention seeker", grow up. It's called sharing something online, which everyone on the internet does. I'm not trying to get anyone's sympathy. On the contrary, I'm trying to spread awareness about adaptive gaming and normalizing it. I didn't spam in different subs, they're different games.

    Lastly, big thanks to all who contributed to or shared my fundraiser! It wasn't easy to come out like this. But all the positivity and kindness makes it worth it and gives hope to others as well! ❤

    submitted by /u/BionicGamer323
    [link] [comments]

    I'd rather wait 5-10 minutes for a comp game than instantly find one but have teammates that are many ranks below me

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    Personally, I'm used to waiting long periods of time for my competitive games in general as I come from games like R6 and Overwatch. It's not that I mind nor not appreciate fast queue times... but it is quite annoying to instantly find a game only to have your teammates be many ranks below you. As a Diamond, it's not uncommon for me to match with Golds in a week... and that's coming from me playing an average of 2 comp games a day since comp was launched. The only alternative is to dodge, but you can only dodge so much before the penalties get too great.

    I was thinking maybe the dev team change their matching algorithm to include more factors or variables when putting teams together- which will obviously increase queue times but will hopefully increase match quality in the long run. I'm not a game developer, but I hope this suggestion makes sense (to an extent).

    submitted by /u/StalkersBeStalking
    [link] [comments]

    €50,000 BLAST/Twitch invitational announced: G2, FPX, Team Liquid, Ninjas in Pyjamas

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    New ranked system for determining your progress through the rank (concept)

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    New ranked system for determining your progress through the rank (concept)

    This is my concept in which there is a new graph showing the progress in your degree of Valorant. This way each player can know approximately how close he is from promotion or relegation, after each game you can see the percentage of variation in your rank. Finally in the table you can see the variation of the advanced of the rank based on wins / losses / draws

    https://preview.redd.it/cc5p20999xl51.png?width=1414&format=png&auto=webp&s=720bfef6bb7487855b84491c52cda9dbc93ad2e0

    submitted by /u/Plexsimo
    [link] [comments]

    Wanted to show that its possible to go from hardstuck Gold to Diamond 3 in 1-2 month

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Tip to improve aim for fellow iron/bronze players

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    Im iron 3

    So ive been struggling a lot with my crosshair placement near head And i was positioning bad when i was focusing on crosshair placement too much

    So recently one of my frnd did a 1v1 sherrif only with me.. And all we tried was to hit headshots..

    After 3-4 games we realized our crosshair placement was becoming better and we were hitting shots more successfully

    So i played some death matches with sherrif only Some of them i did ok.. And some matches were terrible (once i finished with 10-29).. But i didn't care about my score.. All i cared was my aim

    And after a total of around 8-10 rounds with sherrif only

    I played few Phantom deathmatches.. And im telling you.. I finished at 1st or 2nd in all matches, with least kills being 23 kills and max 30 kills

    Just thought i'd share this here

    Im not saying you'll instantly become god It requires a little bit of patience

    Maybe i got lucky.. But still i realised my aim was way better

    Remember try to go only for heads.. Dont care if lose fights

    This worked for me!

    Hope it works for you guys too!

    Edit: Sorry if my English is bad.. Not my native language

    submitted by /u/uraniumX9
    [link] [comments]

    Vayne FAN ART as a Valorant Agent!

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    Vayne FAN ART as a Valorant Agent!

    https://preview.redd.it/led6znznvxl51.png?width=1800&format=png&auto=webp&s=be686a0db47386ca23091f8a29a214118cc6513a

    Hello everyone, hope you all like my latest character, Vayne based on the redesign of Emily MaiVayne is one of my favorite Adc, and it was really cool to reimagin her as a Valorant agent

    Artstation :https://www.artstation.com/artwork/q90zwyInstagram : https://www.instagram.com/rrrodreis/Twitter : https://twitter.com/rrrodreis

    You can check Mai art here : https://www.instagram.com/_maiem/

    submitted by /u/rrrodreis
    [link] [comments]

    Learning to play Aggressive breach ft. stunning my own teammates.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Valorant Meta Report #11: North America

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    The UAV radar in the deathmatch mode literally encourages campers instead of discouraging them.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Most of my deathmatches are over half the people camping in corners with an OP or an Odin and because it's a deathmatch the other half has no option but to dry peek them and because they also know where they will get peeked from its basically hell for someone just trying to use deathmatch to better his/her aim (which was supposed to be the purpose of the deathmatch).

    Please remove the UAV from the deathmatch I'm just trying to chill and practice my aim I don't wanna get OPed from every corner 5 seconds after I spawn.

    submitted by /u/lowkeycule
    [link] [comments]

    Killing Your Joy In IMMORTAL/RADIANT Valorant (a little edit i did to celebrate 700 subs hehehe)

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Thoughts on pros being toxic off-stream or even on-stream?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    Yeah I'm a throwaway. But a while back I played with a certain player who is a pro. I'm only Immortal, so sure I'm decent but I'm no pro.

    Today I realized the pro in question upload a video of a certain match and not even theedits could hide the toxicity. Sure, it hid it well or at least made it seem funny but in game it was worse but video proof is there.

    Even my or teammates comms were made fun of, like bro we'retrying our best? And so the stream laughs at us and the pro encourages it. Or calling us bots as insults because we aren't playing as pros? And irony is he's blasting around not trying lol. Like if you gonna talk smack, at least try.

    why do certain pros rely on taking the toxic route? Some streamers keep it cool and calm like Hiko and aceu but what's up with the few that rely on trash talking teammates?

    And dumb fanboys eat thatshitup

    Pathetic but shouldn't pros be held to a higher standard? Cuz this person talking trash on stream doesn't feel professional lol. Or am i dumb for assuming pros are cool and helpful minus the few good ones?

    submitted by /u/Adventurous-Nail-538
    [link] [comments]

    Valorant Pro Invite Division/ Radiant Ranked Highlights

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Where's the Valorant merch?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Riot has a ton of merch for their crazy hit game League, but just a snapback and a windbreaker for Valorant... No shirts, no hoodies, nothing. The game is showing more promise than Runeterra does and has a very bustling pro scene so... When's the merch coming? I'd love to get something themed around the glitch skins or something to wear based on one of the games I absolutely love. Though please, lets not just plaster one character on the shirt and call it a day.

    submitted by /u/Sorrora
    [link] [comments]

    How To Find Your Perfect Crosshair Placement (Immortal 3)

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    Weapon skin presets based on agent selection?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    I just had a random idea, what if in the 'Collection' tab, we could create weapons skin presets that we can select based off which agent we choose.

    For example: I'd use the Elderflame skins if I choose Phoenix, the Reaver skins and the level 7 Sovereign skins with Reyna and Omen, and Glitchpop with Killjoy.

    I just thought it would be cool if our gun skins could match the aesthetic (?) of our agents.

    Also the presets don't have to be only agent specific, just being able to create multiple presets would be nice as well.

    submitted by /u/maybe-dc
    [link] [comments]

    Recently after the PUBG-m ban in india, I hooked on to this game, and in no time, its my favorite game. I seriously fell in love with it.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Only to realize now, that Riot games was taken over by tencent in 2015. Since the PUBG-m ban was because of tencent being a Chinese company. I am afraid, "that" ban can come after this game as well sooner or later...

    Am I wrong?

    submitted by /u/trueharshit
    [link] [comments]

    Valorant restrictions are stupid

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    So, I'm playing an Unrated game with a friend. Playing as Killjoy and having a great round. All of the sudden, I D/C due to my wifi browning out. I think, no biggie and reconnect. Get back in the match, drop my 20 kills and leave. Thinking that since I had joined back, I would either get a small restriction or just be able to hop into my next game. I try to join a match on comp and I find that I'm restricted for an hour. Really Riot? An hour for a D/C that YOUR CLIENT detected and then for joining back and finishing the match? Not cool. I know by complaining nothing will happen, but this makes me pretty upset.

    submitted by /u/minion803
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment