• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 20, 2020

    VALORANT Radiant in a Nutshell.

    VALORANT Radiant in a Nutshell.


    Radiant in a Nutshell.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 03:43 AM PST

    I created a concept for a new Agent tab

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 12:03 PM PST

    I created a concept for a new Agent tab

    Let's be honest, the agent tab is a bit outdated. Not to put down the modeler, but I think 2D art is Riot's strong suit because they just bring so much more flair. I think they should replace the models with splash arts, and they should add the previews they have of abilities on their website. The ability previews would really help beginners without them having to go into a game and see.

    When viewing an agent (custom splash art for each agent)

    When viewing an ability (kind of like viewing weapon upgrades)

    submitted by /u/Four_Horse
    [link] [comments]

    A poem I wrote about Breach's ult :P

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 02:05 AM PST

    Your team stands ready

    to fight and snipe

    whoever dares to

    defuse the spike.

    'OFF YOUR FEET!'

    a Swedish voice screams.

    Confusion and terror

    surrounds your team.

    Tremors blast across the ground.

    Shattering your hopes and plan

    Ears deafened, by the sound,

    All you can do is stand.

    Stunned and blinded,

    you are filled with dread.

    One by one,

    your friends drop dead.

    The spikes gonna explode

    so you try to flee.

    an aftershock in your face

    is the last thing you see.

    (but it does only 149 damage and you one tap the breach gg EZ)

    submitted by /u/minekiplier
    [link] [comments]

    Chat banned players should be banned from Competitive.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 04:52 AM PST

    Is this controversial? Why not push them to unranked instead?

    Why can chat banned players play rank? I need them to use comms, at least type to me..... how can I tell someone is chat banned before starting a match?

    submitted by /u/blinktactics
    [link] [comments]

    Genuinely Trying to Fix The Smurf Problem

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 07:16 AM PST

    TL:DR Nothing is gonna change until Valorant's dev team requires some sort of time investement in order to unlock ranked.

    I've been lurking around on Reddit, speaking my PoV in comments. Same idea on Valorant's Twitter, Valorant's Discord and even straight to player support. Since nothing seems to move for the better part of 3 months now, I guess I'll have to make a fleshed out thread and actually stick around to maintain it.

    I've seen plenty of ideas trying to solve the smurfing issue (right now, it's people throwing games in competitive to tank their MMR. I've also seen it in unrated personally). Thing is, while some of these suggestions are valid (and would work extremely well), they are all undermined by the same thing. There is ABSOLUTELY no negative consequence long term for the guy who is getting caught red handed.

    Tank their MMR ? They are rewarded because that's what they are trying to do.

    Ban them ? They'll just create another account and be back into competitive 10 wins later (7.5h)

    You would need to tie these punishement to their main account. But they are still able to do it if they just use another computer to throw (or a VM). So instead of trying to play cat and mouse with the griefers... Why not use the system that somewhat worked for over a decade that is implemented in League of Legends? Make player work in order to unlock competitive.


    The Solution

    Ask for every account in the game to have at least 8+ agents unlocked in order to be able to play competitive. This way they'll have to play a large amount of games (securing their MMR in the process) and they'll actually feel terrible about getting banned if they are caught throwing games over and over again.

    Also, people selling accounts would also see their efforts undermined because, while buying a third party account is risky, you could simply pay directly Riot to advance the battlepasses in order the unlock the agents (ideally you'd still want the 10 wins minimum so you still have an idea of the player's MMR). So Riot would make a buck from that also. Everyone would win in that situation.


    Concerns from such a system

    Wouldn't new players be penalized if they want to play with their friends in competitive?

    First, why would new players jump straight into competitive? They should learn to play the game properly before jumping into a mode that requires them to try their hardest. Second, unrated. You can still play with your friend and teach them everything without making other players on you team rage at the new player that is just trying to learn his way around.

    What happens if I just want an alt account in order to practice new characters without ruining the competitive experience of others ?

    First let me give you a medal because you actually care about others. Second, unrated should probably be the place where you should practice new characters, but I understand that not everyone will take it as seriously. Having an alternate account is still available to you with this system, but you'll either need to work your way through a few battlepasses level or you dumping a bit of money into that secondary account.

    Wouldn't people that actually want to grief/smurf/boost others still be able to do so by just dumping money in the game ?

    Yes, but no system will ever be perfect. At least those griefers will have to dump around 30$ everytime they get caught. Pair that with a retroactive rank adjustement on people who get banned, just how CS:GO does it, and then the system is pretty hard to break.


    The "Alt accounts are not influencing anyone" excuse

    This excuse has been carried from Riot for a long time. Saying smurfs are being handled quickly as the system recognizes them quickly as such and boosts their ranking swiftly.

    Fellow user luishacm has exposed how bogus this excuse is in his thread. In his thread he explained that he wanted an alt account to play when he's not up to stuff while still trying has hard as he can. From the start of his account he busted 400 econ score every game in unrated (getting a straight 10 wins). He did his 5 placements game, still 5 straight wins and only placed Gold while his main is Immortal 3.

    I won't go into much more details and will insist that you go check his pretty detailed thread that I don't really want to summarize much more.


    A More Radical Solution

    Some comments have pointed to a much more radical solution. Force people into 2 factor authentication in order to play competitive.

    Personally, I'd be a 100% down with this idea. But, the downfall of this idea comes when you consider that some person don't necessarily have a landline or a cellphone. I fully understand that it is farfetched considering that you have internet, but this is something that has been voiced as a consideration in the past and will probably be the reason Riot gives us for not implementing such a system.


    Post Scriptum

    As I said, I'll try to stay active on here. I'll add concerns in the main thread over time with the comments (if they are worth mentioning).

    I honestly hope that Riot will respond to this thread at some point. This is a growing problem and the "solutions" that have been given don't even feel like solutions. Asking people to win 10 matches in unrated at least cured the problem of throwers / auto surrenders in unrated. So people are a lot more fun to play with now. But this should not be the end of the efforts.

    Also, to anyone who says : "Lul, just git gud and you'll climb !" The point here is not that I'm complaining about not being able to rank up, the point is that I'm not having fun playing competitive anymore. Rank me iron 1, I wouldn't mind. As long as everyone in there is around my skill level and are all actually trying to communicate and play the game properly. (which is definitely not the case right now whichever rank I'm at)

    submitted by /u/Karlyr
    [link] [comments]

    How to play like 100T Steel - Video Breakdown

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 01:35 PM PST

    Brimstone mains... *crickets* I made you a wallpaper.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:31 AM PST

    Brimstone mains... *crickets* I made you a wallpaper.

    My final wallpaper for this project has been complete. I will update this with new agents, as they come out as well. You can also download the PSD file in the link, if you'd like to change them up to your liking.

    I want to thank everyone for the support on this project. It was a lot of fun, and hopefully I can give you all better and better Valorant content in the future.

    My next project will be animating these, in wallpaper engine. I imagine it will take longer, but I will try my hardest to get them out asap.

    Anyways, here you are. Brimstone! ☀☀☀

    HD LINK: Valorant Wallpapers

    Who should I animate first?

    Brimstone v1

    Brimstone v2

    submitted by /u/Open-Acadia-3245
    [link] [comments]

    How the Ranked System Works and Why Smurfs Became a Problem

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:52 AM PST

    How the Ranked System Works and Why Smurfs Became a Problem

    I'm an Immortal 3 player who made a new account to play in it when I'm not 100%. I'm trying to filter my games better in my main account to reach Radiant (which has been a struggle), so I just want to have an account to spend my energy. I want to get to Immortal 1 or 2 to train new champions and different play styles.

    I made this new account after Riot changed it's ranked system to 10 wins. I matched MVP all of them, then matched MVP all 5 placing matches. The first match I played against silver players, which seems unreasonable since the 10 unrated's I was dropping more than 400 combat score, then won all of the rankeds, resulting in me being placed in Gold 3.

    During all this, I felt that I was ruining everyone's game. After the placement, I had to play 25 more games to get to Diamond 3. This feels like a little bit too much .Simply put, even though I matched MVP 50% of the games (after the placement), I lost only 5 games; it took me 30 ranked matches to reach Diamond 3.

    https://preview.redd.it/aituk9ufgd661.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=7e6fa2de4fc8ce62257f726dbde92cb531369bad

    I feel like there were too many matches that I've ruined, not out of bad intent, but because the ranked system needs improving. After I got to diamond 2, I had to win 6 games in roll to get to Diamond 3. This feels a little too much for someone who has been consistently winning several matches in a roll.

    I'm gonna put two images from my Act Badge so I can try to explain the system.

    https://preview.redd.it/isswqbmhgd661.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=dcae4263666014c4011bf7494f117b35de4e7763

    I've been thinking of how they actually measure the "appropriate rank" you should be in. There is a possibility that they are looking at your Piramide to determine it.

    Why is it important to know which rank you should be in?

    Because with this information, they can better balance the games and determine how many wins you should have to rank up or to rank down. They make it harder for you to rank up or down, so win streaks, or loss streaks, won't make you end up in Iron or Immortal if your skill is not appropriate for that rank. You have to actually improve to get out of your rank, winning consistently.

    However, the system needs improving, especially when we are talking about smurfs. They determine your badge, not from the average of your Piramide or the average of the top part of it. They actually determine it from the last rank of the top part of the Piramide. Confusing? Put an image to try to make it simpler.

    https://preview.redd.it/0pbwm9ojgd661.png?width=569&format=png&auto=webp&s=a9ed5e7647fd86f7ab73b4d1a1801efbe6d0e8f8

    As you can see, my "appropriate rank" is diamond 1, so if I'm in diamond 3 and still winning and getting matches MVP, that will give me more points to rank even faster. If I'm below Diamond 1, it will be harder for me to rank up , since my skill "should be higher" than the players I'm playing with.

    What's the problem?

    Because they are only counting the last rank of the badge it makes them not consider how I've been consistently winning several matches. Unfortunately, I lost 2 games in Diamond 1 and that made me have to win 6 games in Diamond 1, and because of that, I had to win 6 more in Diamond 2. When I won 3 in Diamond 2, my "appropriate rank" was already Diamond 1, which made it very difficult for me to leave Diamond 2. They demanded too many wins from someone who has been consistently ranking up and matching MVP.

    That opens space for smurfs to throw a few matches and drop 30-40 bombs to rank up their friends because they won't rank up that easily. This is what creates a bigger problem in the lower ranks, especially in Bronze or Silver. I believe that in Iron is not that big of a problem since the "individual performance" counts more than win or loss compared to higher ranks.

    I don't know how to solve this problem from an "algorithm" point of view; however, I know that other factors should be considered when trying to measure someone's "appropriate rank". Winning and losing are an important part of it, but they need to make the system a tidy more complex to look more widely at that player's ranked path.

    Not even gonna get into the "individual performance" analysis of them, because they only count frags and damage done to determine if you went well or badly in the match, as an Omen player, if I don't play aggressively, instead of a more supportive role, they will consider that I have not played that well.

    Much has to change in the ranked system. Hopefully 2021 with the new MMR and LP system that they will adapt from League of Legends, things will get better. 2021 shall be a better year!

    Little update:

    Decided to play a bit more today to get to Immortal (First game of the day had just woke up and didn't warm up and it was against Immortal 3 and Radiants, 8/17 hehehe). It took me 5 games in a roll to get there, however I did loose one. Now it starts to get a bit more difficult to rank up, however I find it odd that the matches I MVP'ed I only got 2 arrows up. My Piramide from those games jumped from Diamond 1 to Diamond 2 and that made the "appropriate rank" be higher, therefore yielding less points for a win, no matter my "individual performance".

    https://preview.redd.it/wbwu5l654f661.png?width=1093&format=png&auto=webp&s=b909ff63949ea7ab4f5f32a93a76f66022548bec

    submitted by /u/luishacm
    [link] [comments]

    Iron to plat finally and some tips to help you get out of Elo hell

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:31 AM PST

    I finally hit Plat today after close to 6 months and these are few observations I've made and some tips that'll hopefully help you rank up as well!

    https://ibb.co/qrNPTy4

    So the main thing I've noticed in lower Elos (iron-silver) is how inconsistent teammates are and the constant bad decision making. Personally comms weren't a big problem but eco management was just horrible with most people using spectres and ares for half the game.

    Given how inconsistent teammates are, to truly get out of these ranks you'll need to carry your team. So playing cypher or killjoy could work with a bit of luck but it'll take you a while on the other playing duellists and just fragging out will get you to silver, maybe even gold, quicker than anything else.

    Also the entire game doesn't revolve around aim and most people need to understand that. Honestly there are silvers with better aim than me but I can make up for it by organising myself to get an advantage while taking a fight.

    And the last problem I saw was the lack of confidence most people had when they played against someone ranked higher than them.

    So if I had to give 3 general tips that would help most people would be to be calm, learn strats and communicate. Even if an enemy were diamond in act 2 but somehow hit silver in act 3, it doesn't mean they're 100x better than you and you can definitely beat them. Watching pros play and implementing how they approach sites, defend and rotate will just give you an unfair advantage over more naive enemy And finally communicate, even if your team doesn't. Although they can't help you with comms you can help them so even if you die the team wins the round. Sorry if this was a big lengthy or worded poorly but I hope it helped :)

    P.s if you need your teammate to do something, ask them to, don't get mad at them if they do something you didn't want them to do. They can't read your mind :)

    submitted by /u/RoAerious
    [link] [comments]

    Enter Practice Range with friends?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:22 AM PST

    Is it somehow possible to enter the Practice Range with friends? I could have sworn I once saw someone do just that in a Youtube video.

    submitted by /u/cal_543
    [link] [comments]

    I'm doing a research survey for my university project about gaming, please help me out by filling it!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 04:28 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I'm doing a research for a Data Science project related to Gaming for a University in Berlin. It is about the gaming preferences and the activities.

    Link to Google form:

    Gaming Survey

    Data science will help me to build complex models to understand player patterns and create different player groups.

    Will take only take 2 minutes to fill the form! So please help me out in filling this and share it with your friend groups!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/neo_nash
    [link] [comments]

    Cheaters galore at the moment

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:05 AM PST

    In the oce region immortal+ is filled with cheaters nearly every game. What is this anti cheat system? No one can play ranked atm in immortal because it's just cheater infested. Riot get rid of these garbage humans.

    submitted by /u/Significant_Dot9280
    [link] [comments]

    Team Built By Gamers disqualified with "on-going" investigation after playing against Ninja's team Time In

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:58 PM PST

    https://twitter.com/KnightsGG/status/1340493753098899465

    This is all based on a twitch clip where BBG Critical is saving his gun, looks at the wall and shakes his mouse.

    Ninja can also be seen trying to DM the tournament organizers after his loss: https://twitter.com/Ninja/status/1340449003406848001

    submitted by /u/CjC_CS
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody have any tips to improve reaction time?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:11 AM PST

    Sometimes I feel like a don't react fast enough when fight an enemy when they appear on my screen. I was looking at a recording of one of my games and it happened at least once a game. I also noticed in death match too. I even have the crosshair on their head and don't react fast enough. Any tips on how to improve reaction time?

    submitted by /u/pixel_5
    [link] [comments]

    No More 3 Second Deathmatch Cooldown

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 06:43 AM PST

    Can the Deathmatch mode not have a 3 second cooldown after you die. Tbh I get more out of the warmup stage than the actual game stage because there is no cooldown during the warmup. I think there are many people who would agree with me that the cooldown needs to be taken away or reduced.

    submitted by /u/8dubs
    [link] [comments]

    Guide: Trick with classic to increase DPS

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Video demonstration: https://youtu.be/XCax3MWAXR4

    TLDR: If you left click before right clicking with the classic, you will significantly increase your chance of killing the opponent while barely restraining the fire-time.

    Explanation: 1 bullet of the classic does 26 body, so 3 right clicks to the body does 78. This will not be lethal even without armor. If one of these shots is a headshot you will kill someone with no armor, 2 headshots will kill anyone. However, the amount headshot is effectively left up to random chance at certain ranges. Right clicking has a significant delay before you can take any other action. This does not apply to left-clicking first. If you left click first and then right click, 4 body shots will kill an unarmored opponent and 3 bodyshots and 1 headshot will kill everybody.

    submitted by /u/Zerocare
    [link] [comments]

    Will playing on a better device improve my gameplay and give me an advantage?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:18 AM PST

    So long story short, I'm in iron 3 playing on a 200 dollar laptop and after a year and a half, I finally saved up enough money from doing chores for my parents to invest in a new laptop setup. The spec difference between my current laptop and the gaming laptop is massive but will it give me an advantage over other players? And yes before anyone says it that a decent gaming setup will not single-handedly make me go from iron to gold, ik that, I'm not an idiot but I would still like to hear some feedback.

    submitted by /u/IndianCurry06
    [link] [comments]

    Preset different loadouts to each agent

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:51 AM PST

    Seems 100% pointless, but when i play omen I usually like having the elderflame vandal whereas killjoy I prefer the prime, subjectively fits their respective aesthetic better, at least in my opinion. Therefore I think it could be interesting being able to customize different skin loadouts that correspond to each individual character in order to make it so that once you pick a certain character, all of your weapon skins are automatically switched for the ones you previously chose to a set character. I know the majority of players doesnt give a s***** about those things but it probably isnt that hard to include and that would be somewhat helpfull for me and at the same time that would attatch some value to the skins. What are your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/b0nella
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth reporting someone for trolling?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 12:26 PM PST

    I just played with a guy who trolled since the 7th round. We told him that we were reporting him and he just answered "I don´t care, Riot will just ban me from voice chat", what it´s true, so i wonder if it´s worth report someone for trolling and what is Riot doing about that?

    I think people who troll should at least be banned from competitive games, and increase the ban as they keep doing that. For example:

    First ban: 12 hours.

    Second ban: 24 hours.

    Third ban: 48 hours.

    Fourth ban: 1 week.

    submitted by /u/tom1b_
    [link] [comments]

    It feels like you can’t solo queue in valorant

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 05:29 PM PST

    It just feels awful. I don't know if it's the matchmaking but I made it to high silver low gold but people never communicate, they never use mic's. I had one guy use his mic when we were down 9-3 just to call out our omen for playing bad. Like dude why did you not use your mic the whole game, maybe with proper communication we wouldn't be down 9-3. Not to mention the amount of people that just refuse to play the game and just troll or afk when you lose the first 3-4 rounds. Compared to other games I've solo queued in this one feels the worse out of all of them. The games are either 13-4 your win or 4-13 your loss, rarely do you get games going 11-13 or overtime.

    submitted by /u/ScienceNerd7
    [link] [comments]

    Why you need to stop giving up whenever you’re down a few rounds and keep fighting until the end

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 04:31 AM PST

    I know this doesn't apply to everyone but there's so many people in my games that start to give up and throw after a 4-8 half or after losing a few rounds in a row.

    You should never give up. All you need to do is take it one round at a time.

    If you can keep your head straight and keep your teammates focused and not throwing, then once you win one round, then another, and another and the comeback starts getting into motion. The other team will start to get tilted.

    If you can keep your mental fortitude up and not let a few lost rounds dictate the outcome of the game then you're going to have a much higher chance of pulling off a comeback than if you were to just start giving up slowly.

    This happened to me recently where my team and I were down in the first half 4-8. I didn't let this phase us though. I kept the spirits high and made everyone believe that it was possible and that it wasn't over yet. I made a video on the game that I kept my team hopeful.

    https://youtu.be/d4yGmSbUro8

    We fought until the very end of the game and if you can do that too, win or lose, you'll know that you put everything into that game and you'll be more satisfied with the outcome.

    submitted by /u/Tyznips
    [link] [comments]

    How big is Valorant's potential and do you think it'll get anywhere near it?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 09:02 PM PST

    I'm curious what you guys think about Valorant now that First Strike is over and we now get to see how the esport scene is shaping up to be. I think it definitely has the potential to become a bigger esport than other FPS like Overwatch, Siege, and even CS:GO and I think its on a slow but steady pace towards it. LANs haven't come back yet, but once it does, I think will help Valorant's growth greatly. Also, FPS aside, how well do you think Valorant will do compared to other non-FPS games, primarily games like LoL and Dota. I'm curious to see your guys' opionions.

    I made the same post on the r/esports subreddit here.

    submitted by /u/YaLikeJazzper
    [link] [comments]

    Valorant Christmas Gifts

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:53 AM PST

    Hi, I was looking into gifting a few of my friends some Valorant points. Will there be an ingame gifting system by Christmas? I have been looking into purchasing some Valorant giftcards from amazon, but for some reason it keeps saying that it is out of stock even though amazon says it's available. It might be because I'm from Canada and the page says "Gift cards are redeemable on Riot accounts in the US only".

    Is there any way to gift my friends for Christmas?

    submitted by /u/aavvvdd
    [link] [comments]

    A Throw I had in ranked

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:53 AM PST

    So I played ranked with two of my friends and we got in a game with two mates also stacking. Everything went well until we were up 12 to 11. In this round, the enemys economy was so broken, they couldnt even afford proper rifles. They did an eco buy and we could full buy. If we win this round, we win the game. I told my team to play calm and the round began. The round went on and the two guys stacking found themselves in a 2v1 on defense. I know, with full buy againt eco buy we shouldnt even be there in the first place, but we had an advatage, spike was allready down and the remaining players just had to play time, since the enemy had to make a move. Both of them even had full hp and the enemys Raze, who was the last one standing was damaged allready. But then, our Jett decides to push and go for a knife kill, allthough he knew where the enemy was holding. He pushed directly into her, which resulted in his death. Raze then ulted and killed the other one. We went into overtime because one of our team was greedy. He even insulted me, saying it was my bad that we ended up in this situation, because I played Odin all the time. (Ascent with Sova btw, was topfragging too). We then lost both rounds in OT and lost the game, because of a stupid knife kill attempt.

    What I want to say is, dont go for stupid plays and play smart when the game is close. Try and use your brain when its a stressful situation.

    I got scammed btw, since I was match MVP and we lost 14-12, I got double arrows down :(

    submitted by /u/Siiilencee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment