• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    VALORANT Setting User Flairs on r/VALORANT

    VALORANT Setting User Flairs on r/VALORANT


    Setting User Flairs on r/VALORANT

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:32 PM PST

    Hey all! This is just a reminder that there are user flairs that you can use to spice up your username. During the recent First Strike tournament, we added flairs for some of the teams that were present in the main event. Team flairs are something we will look to expand in the future!


    Adding a Flair on PC

    First, you must be on the r/VALORANT subreddit. Look for the "Community Options" or "Flair" settings on the sidebar to the right. For users on old Reddit, you will have to type in the second agent. A couple of examples would be,

    :raze::skye:

    :cypher: BEST TEAM NA :100t:

    Note: (Jett and Omen are capitalized for some reason in the flair list and it's too late to change it since so many people are using them so if you type it in just keep that in mind.)

    Adding a Flair on Mobile App

    First, you must be on the r/VALORANT subreddit. Tap the 3 little dots in the top right, choose "Change user flair", and then "edit" in the top right.

    submitted by /u/Pruvided
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else open up the skins in the night market for no reason?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:10 AM PST

    Personally, I try and open them as fast as possible from left to right to see how good my mouse accuracy is.

    submitted by /u/SsockSock
    [link] [comments]

    AFKs and Trolls should be playing among themselves

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:16 AM PST

    I'm not talking about fringe cases or the occasional dc. I'm talking about obvious AFKs that run against walls, sexists and people that feel the need to write "Idiot" in round 1 of every game.

    It may sound harsh, but are people really incentivised to change for the better in this game? Chat bans are no threat and permabans are a nuclear option (also easy to notice). Therefore I think, it would be better to introduce a gradual punishment. Something that hurts those more, that hurt others more. Rating and accounting for player-behaviour would increase matchmaking times, but that's a trade I'd do any day. I can wait 5 minutes to find a game, if that leads to having better games. Because I'm not launching this game just to be stuck for an hour in a hopeless 5v4.

    If you intentionally throw games away, you should enjoy others throwing your games too - so that you can recognize, that if everyone would be burning things down - the world would be hell.

    submitted by /u/DDXIII
    [link] [comments]

    So, new ACT coming. Is it a fresh start for me?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:22 AM PST

    I´m a Iron I.

    No complaints. I suck. I belong to the bottom ranks. Its ok.

    But.

    I was very very bad and now I´m just bad. So apparently my rank is well below zero and no chance of climbing up even with a hefty amount of wins.

    Will this change in the next ACT. Will I start from zero or below it?

    Second.

    Is there anyone else starting gaming a bit older? I´m 37, never really played anything. Wanted to learn something new and here I am playing Valorant with a reaction time of a stone.

    It´s been fun.

    submitted by /u/pel0le
    [link] [comments]

    Prime Vandal in Minecraft

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:17 AM PST

    Prime Vandal in Minecraft

    I did what I could with the blocks that Minecraft has. I use a already done draw created by NestiZ_YT.

    https://preview.redd.it/2l006n24aw861.png?width=1440&format=png&auto=webp&s=f42d7ef09e5d3705e7f6a6528982aecf287a3c4a

    submitted by /u/illoPridex
    [link] [comments]

    100Thieves Steel's Thought on Rants About Stats/ELO/Rank

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:25 AM PST

    Logitech and Tier One terminate contracts with popular Filipino streamer.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:50 AM PST

    Mika Daime, who was earlier cleared by Riot for cheating allegations has had her contracts with Tier One and Logitech terminated for hate speech. Links from the companies posts:

    Logitech: https://www.facebook.com/716234248447365/posts/4763261307077952/

    Tier One: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1057044728131737&id=489368714899344

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/gustilo31
    [link] [comments]

    Oh, thats a bright red screen...

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:41 AM PST

    Went into a haven match with 3 of my mates, when suddenly "the game crashed".

    After a blackscreen, we got the following beautiful red screen:

    https://gyazo.com/72fd8e3bde326995c01c2303b433a661

    submitted by /u/TeamMysticMofukka
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a point in reporting AFK/Leaving players?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:37 AM PST

    It's an option in the game to report them; but there's already a penalty for leaving. Is this something Riot actually takes action on or is it just an option there to make people feel better?

    submitted by /u/ryyybad
    [link] [comments]

    practice needed

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:01 AM PST

    Spike rushes should allow us to choose agents even though we have not unlocked them so that we can practice with them beforehand and can also decide if we actually want to unlock them or not

    submitted by /u/jubeeleeislife
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a bad idea to main Jett as a new player?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:35 PM PST

    I fee like I am not learning how to position myself better because I have an "oh shit" button to press every time I am in the wrong spot.

    When I play other agents I just die really fast because I keep going to the spots where as Jett I would be able to dash out. I like her because she is mobile and agile, also she has nice hands.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/PikachuKid1999
    [link] [comments]

    Valorant headers i've worked on!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:10 PM PST

    Here are some of the Valorant headers i've made over time.
    Wanted to share it here and see what everyone thinks!

    https://gyazo.com/8cbd9c9c6687fd92658fa98cdf75a312

    Thank you <3

    submitted by /u/ItsMintz
    [link] [comments]

    If you get healed by Sage, please take cover.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:29 AM PST

    As said in the title. If you're screaming at Sage to heal you and she does, please take a second to take cover. Let the heal run it's course before you engage in combat again. I know sometimes it can be difficult to but It's irritating when someone gets healed and dies instantly and having to wait another 45 seconds for another heal.

    submitted by /u/cammydad
    [link] [comments]

    Using Neural Networks To Give Myself Singularity Phantom Without Actually Having It Equipped

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:30 PM PST

    Currently working on a project that lets me apply any skin to any gun given video.

    Here's it on the singularity phantom

    Pretty happy with the results so wanted to share it. This is just a small clip but I'm working on an overedited half-comedic half-project type video as well, which I want to finish with many more skins (currently just have singularity and prime working) and an app that anyone can download and use on their own clips.
    Additionally, if anyone finds this interesting and has a skin, I would really appreciate some help in getting more data to train this on new skins (takes about 5 min), since I don't actually have any lol. I do take recommendations so if anyone wants to see something in the final version I'll be sure to look into it.

    Some more info for anyone curious:
    I'm doing this with the CycleGAN model and it's really similar to the style transfer stuff you see with filters and things like night to day or summer to winter, etc. Just the style transfer is between a vanilla gun and the gun with some skin. It doesn't work for reloads and animations (that would be REALLY hard) but I'd say it passes pretty well despite some discoloration near the edges of the corner it works with.

    submitted by /u/swegmesterflex
    [link] [comments]

    Valorant is not toxic as other games imo.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:18 PM PST

    although I am in bronze, the teammates I get matched up with always seem kind and friendly, for example, my reyna was clearly new to the game and liked to rush the enemies with a judge and would die, but my teammates would teach him to push together with us and overall we had a great time and we also won that game. To compare this to games like csgo, fortnite, cod, this community is not as heated and is more understanding. Maybe this is different for other people, but this has been my experience in valorant, in the last few matches, I have always used my mic to talk and give comms to them and make sure they don't blame themselves and to not push so much, and in result I have won 5/7 of my ranked matches with 1 draw.

    submitted by /u/sovakunt
    [link] [comments]

    [Repost] XP Breakdown for the EP1 ACT3 Battlepass

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:45 AM PST

    Chapter 1

    1 Instant Unlock, 2 4000, 3 5000, 4 6000, 5 7000: total 22,000

    Chapter 2

    6 8000, 7 9000, 8 10,000, 9 11,000, 10 12,000: total 50,000

    Chapter 3

    11 13,000, 12 14,000, 13 15,000, 14 16,000, 15 17,000: total 75,000

    Chapter 4

    16 18,000, 17 19,000, 18 20,000, 19 21,000, 20 22,000: total 100,000

    Chapter 5

    21 23,000, 22 24,000, 23 25,000, 24 26,000, 25 27,000: total 125,000

    Chapter 6

    26 28,000, 27 29,000, 28 30,000, 29 31,000, 30 32,000: total 150,000

    Chapter 7

    31 33,000, 32 34,000, 33 35,000, 34 36,000, 35 37,000: total 175,000

    Chapter 8

    36 38,000, 37 39,000, 38 40,000, 39 41,000, 40 42,000: total 200,000

    Chapter 9

    41 43,000, 42 44,000, 43 45,000, 44 46,000, 45 47,000: total 225,000

    Chapter 10

    46 48,000, 47 49,000, 48 50,000, 49 51,000, 50 52,000: total 250,000

    Epilogue

    51 50,000, 52 50,000, 53 50,000, 54 50,000, 55 50,000: total 250,000

    Total Net XP required to complete the ACT 3 Battlepass WITHOUT Epilogue: **1,372,000** XP

    Total Net XP required to complete the ACT 3 Battlepass WITH Epilogue: 1,622,000 XP

    I'm not sure of how much weeklies are worth, since the last pass had some with less or more XP rewards, rather than a consistent amount per mission per week. While they do have quite a bit of XP for finishing them, with the final set filling out around 75,000 last pass. If anyone knows how the weekly system determines the XP changes, or if its a fixed total distributed differently, or whatever is happening with that (so I can add it into the calculations and see what the true daily XP requirement is), hmu in the replies.

    XP Per Match for each Gamemode

    Unrated / Competitive: Min 1300 XP, Flawless Win (No Lost Rounds) 3900 XP, Max 5100 XP.

    Spike Rush: Fixed 1000 XP

    Deathmatch: Fixed 900 XP

    Custom Matches: No XP

    Conclusion (Oct. 14, 2020): To finish the Battlepass (but not the Epilogue) by the final day, you would need to play one of the following sets every single day (assuming all daily missions are completed, and not accounting for weekly missions).

    1. 2 Full Unrated / Competitive matches of which both are tiebreaker wins, plus one match earning at least 1045 XP.
    2. 2 Flawless Unrated / Competitive wins and 1 non-flawless match earning 3325+ XP.
    3. ~11.25 Spikerush matches, assuming Daily Missions do not require gun/shield buying.
    4. ~12.5 Deathmatch matches, assuming Daily Missions are completed, something you cannot do without playing other gamemodes, making this technically impossible to do.
    5. ~17 Deathmatch matches, assuming Daily missions are not completed.
    6. Some combination totaling 11,245 XP. Alternatively 15,245 XP if Daily Missions are not completed within said combination.

    I will update this if any XP gain changes are announced, be it tweaks to gain rate, mission rewards, a new gamemode, or anything else that could impact XP gain.

    It seems like two winning matches per day seems to be the ideal, with the remaining XP being accounted for by weekly missions and then some, however since winning matches is never a guarantee, and there is no XP buffer system to ensure consistency, this means its also quite a gamble since if you lose matches too often you won't be able to complete the pass without spending in excess of an hour every day on just Valorant (never mind any other interests or hobbies).

    Edit 1: Fixed XP total, and tweaked related values to match. Also added an extended conclusion.

    Edit 2: Changed the conclusion a bit to emphasize that because I don't know what the weeklies are worth in total or per week, they are not accounted for but are very much there and depending on how much they will be, could make it more practical for someone who does not play daily to complete.

    Edit 3: So, I want to add in the new epilogue teirs, but I have no idea what their xp cost is like (and its probably unreasonable for people who don't play Valorant a crap ton).

    Edit 4: Deathmatch xp values were tweaked, there is a new temporary snowball fight mode coming out, spike rush's xp reward was also changed, and there are now 5 epilogue teirs with unknown xp costs. None of these are reflected in the above values yet.

    Edit 5: Epilogue teirs values added in, added a separate xp total conclusion for doing or not doing the Epilogue.

    Edit 6: Fixed xp discrepancy for Epilogue teirs

    submitted by /u/theoreminegaming
    [link] [comments]

    Analyzing how to play Sova like AverageJonas - Guide

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:37 PM PST

    Playing a support/sentinel makes difficult to rank up.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:26 AM PST

    I noticed that playing a support agent makes more difficult you to rank up. As a main Jett, I am noticing that playing a more passive player hurts you in the rank. I'm starting to use Breach to help more my premade and with scores of 12-15, 13-15... I get 10-18 points up. When I play Jett and I get +18 kills, I usually get 20-30 points, so kills do matter. What's the point of playing team support agents if individually it hurts you?

    (It also hurts you mentally when you play soloQ-duoQ and a Reyna/ Jett/Raze who is playing badly tells you to shut up because they have 12 kills and you 7, but this is not the important thing, just a note.)

    submitted by /u/t4ke_7
    [link] [comments]

    Do you ever just stop using the Prime skins?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:55 AM PST

    I switched from the Prime skins just now because I got 3 consecutive games in a row where somebody hounds me to give them my vandal for the skin. It got incredibly annoying too when in the middle of me peeking mid this dude got in my face blocking my view of mid because he kept asking for me to drop my vandal. How do you guys deal with this? I usually just mute them if they continuously ask me but they still try by following me around sometimes. I get having the prime vandal is cooler than the stock vandal or a lesser skin but still it's like every game there's always somebody ready to ask me for it when it comes to rifle rounds.

    submitted by /u/OhGodItsSHaaMAN
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else noticed a massive difficulty spike for the end of the act?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:28 AM PST

    Me and a server i play with were high gold low plat and now we are stuck in mid silver. Even my irls who were mid silver got pushed down to mid bronze.

    The crazy thing is these matches in silver feel equally as difficult as low plat and if you hid the rank ot would easily look like it.

    Is it just me or is games ranking much harder?

    submitted by /u/Schozinator
    [link] [comments]

    How does match penalties work??

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:56 PM PST

    My router got unplugged in the house. I missed two rounds and reconnected ASAP! It was also an unrated... after I completed the game (we won) I have an hour long penalty????? I get penalized but the kids who leave ranked games or throw get nothing??? Lol a joke.

    submitted by /u/lvlike67
    [link] [comments]

    Battlepass grind

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:11 AM PST

    I'm on tier 40. Is it worth grinding the battlepass if I'm planning to buy it if I get all the tiers done. Not including the epilogue

    submitted by /u/ItzHerTZeg
    [link] [comments]

    A new best Sova defensive arrow on ascent b

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:22 AM PST

    I discovered this arrow in a private game while playing Sova. It reveals a bit of b main, almost the entire b lobby, a bit of mid link and even a part of attack side spawn. I obviously don´t know every arrow possible, so there may be other, even better arrows, available. But this arrow is still useful because many players probably won't expect it.

    https://reddit.com/link/kp2k9n/video/xe9h6f2soy861/player

    submitted by /u/No_Being_6825
    [link] [comments]

    Hit reg is acting weird lately

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:17 AM PST

    Lately i noticed the hit reg in Valorant is a little off. I had a game in Ascent where the enemy Reyna pushed mid, i tapped her head 3 times, she didn't even react and didn't die. A second later i snap into a Jett's head and she dies. I don't have the clip but i forsure know it was a headshot.

    However i later played with some friends and i tried to kill this blinded Killjoy and this happened

    Idk about you but seems like the bullet is just going straight through her.

    submitted by /u/BittexGaming
    [link] [comments]

    I just lost points even though I got an arrow up

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:10 AM PST

    okay so I just checked how much points I got by winning a 13-9 game,

    I was raze with 5818 score (19/18/6) and it showed me that I got one arrow up, so when I checked the get ranked points thing, it said I lost 5 points and i went from 85 points to 80 points even though I won.

    wtf has this game become

    arrow up

    points lost

    submitted by /u/PLAN3TM3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment