• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 20, 2021

    VALORANT Valorant 2.01 Bug Megathread

    VALORANT Valorant 2.01 Bug Megathread


    Valorant 2.01 Bug Megathread

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 09:37 AM PST

    Greetings Agents!

    New patch, new Bug mega. To avoid bugs report cluttering the subreddit and/or going unnoticed we will get a single Megathread which will be posted today and after every patch so that you guys can report the various issues in one place. This allows Riot to easily keep track of the bugs by providing a central hub and also allows other users to confirm that they might have encountered.

    Patch notes 2.01

    Prerequisites to be noted before reporting a bug


    1. A bug will ideally be accompanied with a screenshot or a video. This provides credibility to your report.
    2. Steps to recreate the bugs should be submitted if possible. This helps Rioters recreate the bug and helps them find the cause behind it.

    Format when reporting a bug: When reporting a bug, please provide as much information as you can about your computer.

    Region: The region you're playing in when you encountered the bug

    Type of Bug: Client Bug, In Game Bug, etc.

    Description: Describe what was the bug that occurred.

    Video / Screenshot: Insert screenshot (F12 in game) or Video of the bug occurring.

    Steps to reproduce: Provide the steps necessary if someone else had to reproduce the bug.

    Expected result: What should have been the result when you follow the steps mentioned above.

    Observed result: What was the result you obtained when you followed the steps mentioned above?

    Reproduction rate: If you try to recreate the bug how successful are you in causing it to occur? (1/10 : Occurs once every 10 tries, 5/10 : Occurs 5 times out of 10, 10/10 : Happens every single time)

    System specs: Processor, Video card, Ram, HDD/SSD, everything you can provide, even drivers.


    Example Bug:

    Region: EU

    Type of Bug: Matchmaking

    Description: Matchmaking doesn't work properly

    • Insert Video / Screenshot of the incident

    Reproduction rate: 10/10 (happened 10 out of 10 times)

    Steps to reproduce: Try to launch a game

    Expected result: Match starting

    Observed result: Getting stuck in infinite queue

    System Specs: Intel i5 Processor, Windows 7, Nvidia Graphics card (insert model number) etc.


    If you don't know how to format comments on Reddit click here


    - **Region:** - **Type of Bug:** - **Description:** - **Video / Screenshot:** - **Steps to reproduce:** - **Expected result:** - **Observed result:** - **Reproduction rate:** - **System specs:** 

    Copy paste the above code and fill in your details.


    From this Megathread the list of bugs will not be summarized and put up in the main body of the thread, however note that many Rioters are going through every single comment so don't worry if you post the 1500th or 3000th comment, every reply will be read over the next few days.

    submitted by /u/Kappaftw
    [link] [comments]

    2.01 Patch Notes

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 06:17 AM PST

    Weapon Skin Concept: Leviathan Phantom

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 08:54 AM PST

    Weapon Skin Concept: Leviathan Phantom

    One more skin concept guys:)

    Since Vandal has a dragon skin, why not give phantom a Sea monster? I present you, the Leviathan Phantom. I could finally create an upgradable skin, as some of you guys asked.

    Please excuse any misalignments, as its quite difficult for me to draw with a mouse

    Hope you like it!

    Base:

    https://preview.redd.it/5p5t8dnyoic61.jpg?width=3985&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8e8d15085c51bac9945bacec5c75041310003bb8

    VFX:

    https://preview.redd.it/c66ukx8zoic61.jpg?width=3985&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2ebd8821975a5a6a97609ab85906124134c2343e

    Animations:

    https://preview.redd.it/mry3ui00pic61.jpg?width=3985&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=cf29eb117567b50bd098ad5770d61ac4814a69ed

    Variants:

    https://preview.redd.it/4m527ni0pic61.jpg?width=3985&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=faa213f661ea872393790e16a9c0091af9fdd587

    (Also, can you guys think of a finisher which will suit the sea monster theme?)

    submitted by /u/RivalRudra
    [link] [comments]

    Fundamental Gameplay Concepts YOU NEED To Understand

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 07:33 AM PST

    1) Five man push on attack every time is stupid.

    If you just constantly roll 5 men deep on each site on attack, defenders will quickly figure this out, and start to initiate lots of flanks and punish you severely for it.

    2) Start running "Split Pushes/Defaults"

    Essentially, start splitting your team up between "mid" and the two sites. You will start getting picks, causing enemies to over rotate, and gain lots more map control.

    Map control prevents you from getting flanked, and allows for easier rotates.

    HELPFUL VIDEO EXPLANATION HERE

    You can even even send a lurker out and make it a 4/1 split so they can collect some easy picks on flanks and weaken the enemy team. But be careful with riding solo, because you should always...

    3) Put yourself in a position to be traded/Set up for trades

    If you and a teammate push, he gets clapped by a single individual, and you hide, you pretty much are the scum of the earth. I understand every once and a while you need to hide to set up a cool little sneaky play that makes it to the reddit highlight reel, but those instances are far and few between.

    Generally speaking, you want to make as many gunfights as possible into 2v1s. (A) It allows you both dump damage on the target. (B) If one of you gets clapped, the second can trade since its hard to precisely flick between two targets, which puts the round back on neutral ground. You always want the number advantage.

    1v1 gun fights are not the way.

    4) If you are going to "rush" you CANNOT chicken out under any circumstance. *** YOU WILL TAKE DAMAGE AND THATS OKAY***

    I cant tell you how many times I hear "Rush B" at the start of the round. We set up, and take off towards B. Suddenly, we encounter 1 lone enemy, or maybe one lone bit of utility. Everyone stops dead in the doorway. I rush in expecting someone to follow me to take out the threat, but no one does (See point 3). Now we are down a man, couped up in one spot. The enemies know the situation, start rotating. Its no longer a rush where wer're quickly taking up a site, we're just sitting ducks. Enemies start flanking, and we all die in one spot. All because the team was afraid to take some minor chip damage to their health.

    5) If you're on Defense and you kill spike carrier, WATCHING THE SPIKE IS THE ONLY THING THE WHOLE TEAM SHOULD BE DOING. I don't care if its 5v1, just watch the fucking bomb/flanks to the bomb.

    The attackers have to go get the bomb, or kill everyone. By setting up a perimeter and keeping point 3 in mind, you have a numbers advantage, they have to come to you, and you're essentially setting up a slaughter house.

    If you lose sight of the bomb or are not on top of it, they can still sneak in and steal it for a plant.

    I cant tell you how many times I've seen people go "hunting" the last dude or two, only to get clapped because they ignore point 3, creating lots of easy 1v1s for the enemy, who then goes on to clutch it.

    Just sit on the bomb and make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

    6) There are important spots on each map that you need to hold. Learn which ones are important and how to hold them

    Generally speaking, mid on almost every map is important. So learn how to hold/take it.

    As for specific site examples, both heavens on Split are incredibly important. You have the high ground which we all know is important in battle. There are also many flanks into site through both heavens. If you control either heaven well, you control almost all of the site as well.

    submitted by /u/BigManager
    [link] [comments]

    Yoru Wallpaper 4k inspired from contract player card

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 08:50 AM PST

    I am girl who's trying to fit in this game

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 08:16 AM PST

    Hey, I've been a Riot's fan since 2011 and I never tought I would reach this point of struggle.

    Since I was a younger player in LOL I've never struggle with guys on any games until now (probably bc LOL doesn't have a voice chat for the hole team, just pre-mades).

    I play valorant for about 9 months now and sometimes it's really hard to gain courage to play...

    70% of the time that I use voice chat I have some random guy (sometimes more than one) saying a lot of disrespectful things about me and probably most people doesn't know how that feels.

    I tried to ignore, I even tried to report (unsuccessfully) but yesterday I reached my limit... Yesterday I've been teamed up with 2 pre-made guys for 3 games in a row. They started mocking me for being a girl and bc of that I answered kinda aggressive, I literally said "please shut the f**k up" and thanks to my failed tempt of "defensive" answer I didn't got just 2 guys mocking me, I got the rest of the team doing the same, 4 guys. All of them saying the most disgusting things you can image. Even not knowing my age those guys harassment me, disrespected me and laughed at me, yes I did muted them but after some several minutes handling with that treatment I couldn't feel good there. After 3 games with the same guys I just closed the game and until now I'm trying to gain courage to go play again.

    As a valorant player and as a girl I would like to pass this message, please respect everyone, even behind the screen your words and actions can hurt someone.

    And for valorant community, please punish those who does this... Even reporting several times I never saw people like them being punished for sexual harassment in the game, and that is really unfair.

    I hope I can reach a few people here... Good day for you all.

    submitted by /u/NoobiestGirl
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Brimstone is so much better now

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 05:35 AM PST

    Just wanted to say that you can really tell such a difference when playing him. He was my first main when I started out but quickly felt like he just felt so limited and I gave up. After the buffs he feels so much more useful and since I like to help my team more rather than be a duelist and top frag I can finally add him back to my roster of agents I enjoy playing. His stim beacon actually feels usable and his smokes feel incredibly OP with their duration now. His ult has always been good for defending the spike anyways but yeah... he's fun to me again.

    I thought his sub could use some positive posts once in a while.

    How are you guys feeling about him? Would you still prefer playing Omen?

    submitted by /u/namwoohyeons
    [link] [comments]

    Strategy: Cloud9 Pistol on Split Breakdown

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 02:56 PM PST

    New out of bounds camera on ascent B site

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 07:17 AM PST

    100T Hiko explains why ranking system is trash

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 08:12 AM PST

    Sage can boost onto new box on split o.O

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 11:45 AM PST

    I drew Yoru... as a female

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 05:20 AM PST

    Got a suggestion to draw Yoru from Valorant. But decided to put a fun twist on it. Hope you guys like it! 😄

    https://imgur.com/a/GRhc5Cc

    submitted by /u/elvabjartey
    [link] [comments]

    A ranked complaint template for all of you

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 07:32 AM PST

    In these trying times, I thought some of you who have been tired of ranked posts on /r/Valorant would enjoy some satire.

    I'm a [insert rank] player and this new ranked system is absolutely broken. I just went [slightly above average KDA] in my game as [insert Reyna], but I lost [reasonable amount of RR]. How is that fair? It makes no sense to lose rating when you are obviously the best player in the lobby. I totally didn't know about this prior to playing and it's especially not written in section "How does Valorant Ranked Rating (RR) Work?" of Riot's article. Here's a link to my game [link that doesn't fully show game stats but shows you lost by 5+ rounds].

    Not only that, but there are AFK's EVERYWHERE. How am I supposed to climb when my games have almost half the people leaving? No one else in [insert rank] experiences AFK's and since they are only in my games, it's totally unfair. Why doesn't Riot implement a way to prevent loss when you have an AFK? I think [random conspiracy about how AFK's make people buy skins, instead of reasonable criticism as to why Riot hasn't added it].

    [One single line of actually good feedback as to why the ranked system is bad right now]

    Why is absolutely no one, especially not any of 15 posts prior to mine, talking about this??

    PS. Why did I skip ranks? Why can't I play competitive right now because it says I need to play unrated games? Why did they cap the placements at plat 3? Do you want to see my video of me going underneath the practice range as Yoru?

    submitted by /u/TimeJustHappens
    [link] [comments]

    Why does nobody talk about the performance tab and the average ability cast per round?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 09:38 AM PST

    I personally really want this feature to be fixed, as it shows 0 for all 4 abilities for me. I want to see how many abilities I'm using. Especially on characters like omen, I want to make sure I'm smoking enough or if I'm playing cypher, I want to make sure I'm ulting enough. Also a suggestion, set a stat for average cast per round, and also adding a stat that shows total casts throughout the entire game. If there's a mission that shows use abilities, I don't see why the same stat could be put into the performance tab.

    submitted by /u/Salted_Mangoes
    [link] [comments]

    Across-the-map Yoru teleports compilation — Ascent

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 04:21 AM PST

    you can jump onto the new box from B heaven (Split 2.01)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 12:23 PM PST

    Stop making noise when preparing to rush a site

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 10:13 AM PST

    I know theres a lot of different strategies and being quick and making noise is one of them, but when someone says "lets go quietly until the bomb entrance and then you smoke and you flash etc etc" why would you just ignore and do what you want? This is not a low-level problem, I am at high diamond and in almost every match theres a raze that will use her boombot or a reyna that will straight up jump and flash even though we are not even close to the bomb and planned to be silent. Theres no reason to give free information to the enemy like this if the team planned to go quietly. There are moments to go fast and make noise, but there are moments to not. Please, if you entire team is walking, why on earth would you run?

    submitted by /u/Deva_Way
    [link] [comments]

    Cypher one-way lineup for B main on new Split

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 11:49 AM PST

    Cypher fan-art I drew yesterday:)

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 07:08 AM PST

    I drew Cypher! He's a really cool looking character so I decided to give it a go. Fun to draw and took me about 7 hours.

    https://imgur.com/a/bbAk2aP

    submitted by /u/elvabjartey
    [link] [comments]

    You must win 3 unrated games before playing comp?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 08:07 AM PST

    I've been playing valorant since beta and have around 400 comp wins, I'm immortal this act and I login today and it's asking to play these unrated games?

    Is anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/Chewits_
    [link] [comments]

    Double Shockdarts #7 - Attacking Ascent A (Heaven)! 10/10 Arrow!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 06:34 AM PST

    In the midst of all the game complaint posts, I'd like to raise a point that has been plagueing me outside of VALORANT itself for months now.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 01:34 AM PST

    As we all know, Valorant agents have their own official playlists on Spotify. They're meant to reflect their characters' tastes, right?

    Then why the FUCK doesn't Vipers playlist contain Toxic by Britney Spears?!

    submitted by /u/SwiftAndFoxy
    [link] [comments]

    The new ranked system is good. I finally ranked up to silver after 500 wins

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 05:26 AM PST

    The new ranked system is good. I finally ranked up to silver after 500 wins

    Love the new rank system. I finally ranked up to silver after more than 500 winnings. If you look up in the dictionary on a bronze player they will find me :-)

    ps. of course I went down to bronze again after two games :-)

    https://preview.redd.it/6gl3h3ueohc61.png?width=2074&format=png&auto=webp&s=679459d39be54386a1cc3e361871d9aca8562605

    submitted by /u/en_storstark
    [link] [comments]

    New KJ lineups for B site Split default plants

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 12:30 PM PST

    What it feels like going against Yoru

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 07:19 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment