• Breaking News

    Friday, April 9, 2021

    VALORANT Valorant 2.06 Bug Megathread

    VALORANT Valorant 2.06 Bug Megathread


    Valorant 2.06 Bug Megathread

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    Greetings Agents!

    New patch, new Bug mega. To avoid bugs report cluttering the subreddit and/or going unnoticed we will get a single Megathread which will be posted today and after every patch so that you guys can report the various issues in one place. This allows Riot to easily keep track of the bugs by providing a central hub and also allows other users to confirm that they might have encountered.

    Prerequisites to be noted before reporting a bug


    1. A bug will ideally be accompanied with a screenshot or a video. This provides credibility to your report.
    2. Steps to recreate the bugs should be submitted if possible. This helps Rioters recreate the bug and helps them find the cause behind it.

    Format when reporting a bug: When reporting a bug, please provide as much information as you can about your computer.

    Region: The region you're playing in when you encountered the bug

    Type of Bug: Client Bug, In Game Bug, etc.

    Description: Describe what was the bug that occurred.

    Video / Screenshot: Insert screenshot (F12 in game) or Video of the bug occurring.

    Steps to reproduce: Provide the steps necessary if someone else had to reproduce the bug.

    Expected result: What should have been the result when you follow the steps mentioned above.

    Observed result: What was the result you obtained when you followed the steps mentioned above?

    Reproduction rate: If you try to recreate the bug how successful are you in causing it to occur? (1/10 : Occurs once every 10 tries, 5/10 : Occurs 5 times out of 10, 10/10 : Happens every single time)

    System specs: Processor, Video card, Ram, HDD/SSD, everything you can provide, even drivers.


    Example Bug:

    Region: EU

    Type of Bug: Matchmaking

    Description: Matchmaking doesn't work properly

    • Insert Video / Screenshot of the incident

    Reproduction rate: 10/10 (happened 10 out of 10 times)

    Steps to reproduce: Try to launch a game

    Expected result: Match starting

    Observed result: Getting stuck in infinite queue

    System Specs: Intel i5 Processor, Windows 7, Nvidia Graphics card (insert model number) etc.


    If you don't know how to format comments on Reddit click here


    - **Region:** - **Type of Bug:** - **Description:** - **Video / Screenshot:** - **Steps to reproduce:** - **Expected result:** - **Observed result:** - **Reproduction rate:** - **System specs:** 

    Copy paste the above code and fill in your details.


    From this Megathread the list of bugs will not be summarized and put up in the main body of the thread, however note that many Rioters are going through every single comment so don't worry if you post the 1500th or 3000th comment, every reply will be read over the next few days.

    submitted by /u/Pruvided
    [link] [comments]

    Astra's wall from really far away!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    I went to the training room and teleported over to the second island. Then, I placed down Astra's wall on the first island and this is what I got! https://imgur.com/a/DRmIJea Pretty cool IMO.

    submitted by /u/killerkitteez
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone think that astras voicelines are kinda cringy?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 03:36 AM PDT

    Idk why I just really dislike astras voicelines they seemed so forced and unfunny. Anyone else think this or nah?

    submitted by /u/tqstin
    [link] [comments]

    In case you're having a tough time with spraying i've made a video that breaks down how to improve at it so you have a easier time!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Throwing in Style: Running a Default in Valorant

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    I am on a 24 game loss streak in ranked.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    Just wanted to let you guys know it could always get worse, went from plat 3 to gold 3 in 3 days. Very Unfortunate scenarios going on.

    Edit: I FINALLY WON 15-13

    Double Edit: Thanks for the awards, these are my first awards!

    submitted by /u/nightlovell12
    [link] [comments]

    I just had my most Wholesome game ever

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    Basically just a few hours ago my aim was damn off and I couldn't shoot for shit, and I was sure that my team would flame me, so I apologized in chat around round 10, when we were losing 6/4 . To my surprise instead of flaming me they told me that everyone had bad games and that my smokes were good. This really helped boost my moral and I managed to chuck 19 kills in the last 12 rounds. (We won 13/9). I've had more wholesome people and teams before, but these guys were so chill even when I was playing really shit in a ranked game. (Found out later that it was even the Jett's Diamond Derank Game.) Of course I friended with them all and partyed for a few comp/unr games.

    Basically be nice to your teammates, that way everyone is happier and plays better.

    submitted by /u/98973
    [link] [comments]

    Sudden performance hit

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    Did anyone else notice a sudden decrease or hit in the game's performance? I used to get a consistent 260 to 290 FPS but after the newest patch my game is dropping to 130 to 190. Is it just me or does anyone have a similar case.

    submitted by /u/Yaiisen
    [link] [comments]

    Made this in graphic design class!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Made this in graphic design class!

    https://preview.redd.it/obh3ma59c7s61.png?width=2550&format=png&auto=webp&s=272a9a16e3b27b7babe64b30adf1be15824f4c9f

    Tried to make it as close to actual game art as I could. Tell me what you guys think, hope you guys like it!

    submitted by /u/Flleaz
    [link] [comments]

    VALORANT Audio AMA on HRTF and the things that go bump in the game

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    Thanks for all your questions! We're signing off for now!

    Hey Reddit,

    This is Peter Zinda, audio director, joined by Nichole Strano, associate producer on content support, and others, here to chat about our new HRTF option and audio in general. If you heard it, we had something to do with it!

    We'll answer as much about audio as we can. We'll be here from now until 5pm Pacific Time, and we will edit this post to say when we're signing off.

    This is us for today:

    Peter Zinda, Audio Director - /u/PulsarZealot

    Nichole Strano, Associate Producer, Content Support - /u/RiotObby

    Isaac Kikawa, Sound Designer - /u/riotkaratemonkey

    Curtis Churn, Sound Designer - /u/RiotC3Sound

    Mario Lavin, Sound Designer - /u/invisibleartforms (no cool flair, but he's one of ours)

    (This isn't our entire team, just the ones here to chat)

    submitted by /u/PulsarZealot
    [link] [comments]

    Cypher for dummies (killing you was a prank bro, there’s a camera right over there)

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    Cypher is all about detecting the enemy. His camera can spot you sneaking down an area, his cage can tell him when you're pushing into an area, and his trapwire will snag you and buy Cypher enough time to escape through the back door of your mom's house.

    Spycam: "Smile! You're on camera." Cypher can place a camera on any vertical service with some kind of Flex Seal sorcery. He can use the camera to 'tag' people and reveal them periodically through walls until they take it out. The best place to put a camera is based on the three Hs: High, Hidden, Hilarious. Put your camera somewhere high to maximize the camera's visual area. Put your camera somewhere hidden to prevent enemies from shooting it immediately. And if you can't get either of these, put it somewhere hilarious, because stupid ideas sometimes turn out to be the best ideas. By following the three Hs, you can tag the same player 5 times before they find your camera, and you get to laugh as they swivel their heads everywhere.

    Cyber cage: This ability does not have nearly as much info-gathering power as the rest of Cypher's kit, but no decent Cypher can go without it. Apparently it used to slow enemies in the closed beta, but it doesn't anymore, and the damage report hasn't changed to reflect that, which I'm sure confused more people than just me. What it does do is it gives Cypher a brief moment of space to move freely and alerts him if enemies are pushing through it anyways. And when you stand in it, 🎵you're surrounded by familiar faces.🎵

    Trapwire: Cypher possesses the ability to make any narrow passage feel like it's from a heist movie. Enemies have to duck under, dive over, or disable the trapwire or risk activating the "YES HELLO IM OVER HERE AND INCAPACITATED COME AND SHOOT ME" alarm. If you want almost guaranteed info, put the trapwire at chest level, because then the enemy can't sneak past it and must shoot it or expend a movement ability. However, if you want to beat the shit out of some poor, incautious fellow, put the trapwire in some sneaky, low spot and hide around the corner so that they have to either jump over it and announce their presence or get snagged and look down (not at you) to shoot it.

    Neural theft: Cypher takes advantage of his rampant necrophilia to reveal the locations of the rest of the living enemy team. This allows your team to quickly adapt their strategy accordingly. Make sure you're actually paying attention to your ult when you use it because one of my friends used it with two enemies left, killed one of them, and apparently hadn't seen that the last one was afk and had to be told.

    Moral of the story: Enjoy your hobbies, even if they're stalking and necrophilia.

    submitted by /u/SupremeMemeRegime
    [link] [comments]

    ion phantom variants

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    I've always wanted an ion phantom variant, obviously because I have the ion phantom. I think its a great skin and the base white and blue is really nice, but it would be better if riot added a variant. Before magepunk, I didnt know how exactly riot should make the variants because I believe that they shouldn't change the white color of the actual gun, and was stumped on how to make a good variant without sacrificing the beauty of the original skin. I decided not to post this before because I dont think I should tell Riot to do something if I have no suggestions, and like the pros who complain about a problem with the game, but actually tell riot how they might fix it, I have a suggestion. I'm not good at photoshop so If you dont understand what I will say next, I dont blame you but I think it's pretty straightforward. Just like in the magepunk set, can the ion set have the green and purple and orange variants(or different colors so its not too similar) to replace the blue energy ball in the middle of the gun and the blue (sparks)? that come out when you shoot, and also the color of the bullets. So the base has a blue energy ball, blue sparks, and blue bullets, while a purple variants would have a purple energy ball in the middle of the gun, purple sparks when you shoot, and purple bullets.

    submitted by /u/Slurple7
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Its better to buy a valorant points gift card off somewhere (ie amazon, etc) than directly on Valorant

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    When I was about to buy $20 worth of valorant points, I realized that I was about to have to pay tax on the points as well. So I went onto amazon to look at their digital gift cards. I added a $10 card to my cart, and discovered that there is no tax on the digital code. So I decided to buy 2 $10 codes on amazon, and ended up saving $2 (not much but still something).

    submitted by /u/Joshblos0706
    [link] [comments]

    Good Guy/Girl Reyna

    Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    :)

    Was playing a game and had a rough time with a couple afks all game... so this nice enemy Reyna decided to be a great Samaritan and help a bro out. Saved Money and still lost the round tho but we chillin, <3 for the Reyna

    submitted by /u/snapshotchris
    [link] [comments]

    Mental and Competitive Games

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    Some Background on me

    I have been playing competitive shooters for about 4 years now and have been all over the ladder in multiple games.

    Overwatch Master 3600* (started silver 1900) (*) will make sense as you read

    Valorant Immortal 100rr (started gold 2)

    I am someone who has struggled with my own mental in video games through my journey and I wanted to share my experiences and try to help whoever reads this accomplish their goals.

    I've been just about every type of player that you can think of, I've been the asshole, I've been the guy who instantly gives up, I've been the fragger, I've been the support, I've been the insanely toxic person who calls people names, I've been the guy who always blames his teammates, and I've been the guy who is insanely positive all the time.

    On occasion, I am STILL all of those people, but reducing the influence of those urges will make you a better player.

    Ranked Anxiety

    Ranked anxiety is one of the most common issues in a player's mental, and it's also one of the most important to fix.

    Ranked anxiety is where you do not play ranked matches in fear of losing your current rank and/or only playing when you have friends to do it with

    Fixing this issue is difficult, but the way you get over it is just playing more games. You might derank, you might not, it doesn't really matter. It's all about getting in the mindset to improve and to not worry about something that is just an internet color or number

    In both overwatch and valorant, there were periods where I only played with a friend who was smurfing and let me tell you, it fucking sucked. I was not at the rank where I needed to be, and I had zero confidence in my own ability to improve.

    One day I decided that I had had enough, I solo queued 9 games and lost every single one which put me down to diamond 2. From there I played either by myself or on occasion with a friend who was around my skill level. In the next season, I quickly climbed up to diamond 3 and from there I played 100% solo queue until I reached Immortal, and then from there, I was able to play with my former smurfing friend on his main account which made me happier than I could put into words. The satisfaction and confidence that came from grinding solo queue is nothing I would ever take back.

    Soon after I hit my peak in Valorant I realized that I didn't like the game as much as I originally did, so I decided to make my way back into overwatch with a newfound confidence that I could hit the highest rank in the game without anyone's help.

    Attitude while playing Ranked

    While playing a team-based game it is very easy to blame your "shitty teammates" for a loss, but it's probably the worst thing you can do if you're trying to get better at a game, and for your mental while playing a game. It happens to everyone, and it definitely still happens to me, but the important part is that once you cool down you need to be able to understand where YOU fucked up and how YOU could have won.

    Some games really are unwinnable, it's just the nature of solo queue, but realistically those games are so far and few between that it's not ever EVER going to be the thing that is holding you back from whatever your goal is.

    What you need to understand while playing ranked is that you are playing a very dumbed-down version of the game that you see the pros play, even in the highest of elos. Insane strats aren't usually going to work in solo queue, and some stupid things will work due to a lack of coordination in both your team and the enemy team. The most effective way to climb is not only to improve YOUR gameplay but to also improve your communication with your team. In solo queue being friendly and giving simple comms are the most important things you can do. Most people you play with will want to coordinate but oftentimes don't know how, so some direction from you will go a long way. Do not misunderstand what I am saying, DO NOT micromanage your team, give simple comms in overwatch like bubble timings, ult usage, and simple strat ideas. Good Comms in Valorant would be, where you are smoking, where enemies are, ability usage, and calling pushes. There's a lot more you can do, but that's the general idea.

    If people do not listen to you, do not get mad, just keep communicating and doing your thing knowing that's you're giving them the information to succeed.

    Having Fun

    If you do not enjoy the process of improving, you will not get better. If you just hop off after one loss because you're afraid that you're going to lose again, you WILL NOT improve, and most importantly if you are not having fun doing the thing you are doing you will not improve.

    It doesn't have to be your entire life, it doesn't have to take up all of your time, but you need to actually enjoy it, because if you don't then who and what are you really doing it for?

    At the end of the day, you need to understand that you're just playing a video game. Unless you're trying to go pro you need to understand that you're spending all this time in your life seeking the more shiny internet color, and you need to be ok with that.

    submitted by /u/Cre3pz
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know what it is, it looks like a sword

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    How to attack on “omens playground”

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    [GUIDE] How To, And Why Use, Social Skills – For More Wins - Simplified.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    Video Version Here:

    https://youtu.be/wowU_e3Z2cs

    Why are Social Skills Important In A competitive environment?

    Have you ever wondered why people think that, all you need is good game sense, and awesome raw mechanics? And so on? For reaching a higher rank?

    After over 30 years of gaming.

    I have established a different view on this subject, yes, the fundamentals are important.

    But when you already have a good grasp over them, then you can start to utilize other factors. That are easy to achieve, quick and even with minimal amount of effort put into them. Get some consistent results.

    And the result is that you, achieve the competitive advantage over the opponents.

    If you are a beginner, then you could benefit more from utilizing these social skills. That you already have a black belt in.

    Because think about it, from the moment you where born. You have been sharpening the social blade. So, utilize it more, when you are lacking in other departments skill wise. Compensate with it.

    And from my experience, I can tell you this.

    You should utilize all the tools, in your arsenal, if you are serious about improving.

    And again, this does not mean that mechanical skills and other default important factors are not crucial for success.

    But these social skills, can give you an extra layer of competitive advantage, over the opponent

    Yes, I play Solo queue a lot, and these are my tips and tricks on this topic that I share with you.

    What I have found out is that, there is just so much you can do alone, that's why you need to get the team acting as a group that play for the benefit of each other, and off the strengths of each other.

    So, how can I utilize these social skills you may ask?

    Well, it's simple.

    You should already start, from the agent select screen.

    This is so that it sets the tone from the start, because if you talk as a group, then you are going to act as a group.

    And the team, at least they should. Come together, and make the choices together as a group.

    Great, now that you are talking as a team.

    Then you have already set the tone, for the rest of the match.

    And when it comes to one of the most important factors, in game. Also, communication.

    For giving callouts, motivating the team, and so on.

    So now I ask you again to think about, how many times have you not failed in a clutch type of situation. Just because of lack of information, about the one player who just dropped 4 of your teammates.

    And no one is calling out his position?

    Be honest, did your heart just ramp up a few beats, after only thinking about it?

    How are you going to take this, if it happened in game, for sure it has tilted me in all too many games.

    And suboptimal performance, was the name of the game for the rest of the match.

    Oh, all these memories.

    And this situation, could easily have been avoided with the right type of communication.

    And maybe this person, who just handed over the ace over to his opponent. May not have utilized his social skills, from the start. For the benefit of getting the team talking together?

    And many people, I played with are just so shy. That they are almost afraid of talking. Some have bad experience with rude people, but deep down they are willing to talk, right from the start, they may be just feeling out the energy in the room.

    In this case the lobby. And there is a reason that they say, that the human being is a social animal. So, it's also in our nature to prefer a social setting over another, at least for most of us it is.

    But in this case, no one talked. So, they thought that this is just the formal setting. They have to follow, like they are conditioned to do in any other social setting outside of the game.

    And this is where the social skills come into play again, it is not that you just interact with the team. But how you do it. And this is based on the way you read the teammates, and act accordingly to the signals you pick up along the way.

    And also, not just what you say, but how you say it.

    Is important.

    I could go into, thousands of examples for why social skills are crucial.

    So, please for your own sake, start utilizing these skills. And set the tone from the start, are you not in it to win it?

    In other words, use these social skills to adapt, overcome, and then WIN.

    And all this is off course a balancing act, so do it with elegance.

    So, this is where we end this, because this brought back a lot of bad memories, my heart is already beating faster. Just from thinking about all the lack of communication in all those games.

    So, until next time.

    Stay blessed.

    submitted by /u/FlawsomeVictory
    [link] [comments]

    Valorant map easter eggs part two: ascent.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    How to go from Iron 3 to Silver + even after 4 months of trying and improving very little?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    So, I got this game in December last year, placed Iron 1 and try-harded my way to get placed in Iron 3 next episode [January]. However, it seems like I am not improving and going backwards sometimes, like I have been working on my crosshair placement, however, I focus too much on getting headshots, and often due to the small size of head, can't land it. I suck at recoil control, don't know how to counter strafe, and can't use a sherrif for the life of it. Often, I get rolled by worse players than me, when I had aced a round earlier, but couldn't even get a single kill. Often, feels like I am getting lucky kills and headshots, and I am just bad or I should just quit the game.

    Most of my friends who started with me, are bronze+ by now, and I am stuck here in Iron 3 to the point I quit playing ranked due to the nerves and toxicity. In all honesty, I know that it is all me, and not my teammates, and I honestly want to improve. Got Kovaaks and started aim training, but still cant hit my shots.

    So, anyways, what can you all suggest for me to improve and climb the ranks faster? I main Sova and Raze. All tips are welcome. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/throwbackandstuff
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else down bad this act?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    I finished off last act only a few points away from diamond 1 and I was hyped because that had been my goal for awhile. Turns out I can't win a game for the life of me and have dropped all the way down to gold 2. I play viper and consistently match/team mvp which means absolutely nothing I know, but it makes it sting just a little bit more.

    Anyone got similar stories or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/samiscooler
    [link] [comments]

    Is valorant more aim based or strategy based game?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 02:15 PM PDT

    I feel like valorant is more strategy based game. Like use your abilities and such. Your aim could be good but you will lose to player who know when to use their abilities. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/19karli99
    [link] [comments]

    Gunplay skill level

    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 05:42 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I was Immortal 3 just before open beta almost one year ago and haven't played since.

    3 days ago i reinstalled Valorant since i was interested in playing a competitive tactical shooter once again but soon came to realise alot have changed. (obviously my skill has decayed to almost rock bottom as well)

    I want to talk about the fact that at my current recalibration which is silver 2, it seems like 90% of my encounters i either headshot them first or its me that gets insta tapped.

    Therefore what comes to my mind is, now ranks separate skill levels differently than before, which is utility usage, positioning and teamplay rather than aim skill since it seems people can shoot just fine at any rank.

    I wanted to know if this is a fact and indeed what i have to do is find a consistent team to play with and build strategies and defaults or if it is still possible to rank up to immortal or who knows maybe even radiant as a solo.

    Must mention im apparently in love with yoru and i find him pretty good given the fact that i am an extremely agressive player while also appreciating his teamplay potential.

    Any tips/advice and discussion is welcome, please no toxicity tho.

    submitted by /u/DeathLapse
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment