• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 11, 2020

    VALORANT Wish all teammates were like this

    VALORANT Wish all teammates were like this


    Wish all teammates were like this

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    PSA - If someone says your crosshair placement could use some work, they aren’t being rude, they are just trying to help.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    I have played since the day the game came out, and coming from cs, I have very good crosshairs placement. Anyone else with decent crosshair placement knows the struggle of watching someone stare into the floor while attempting a 1v4 he most likely won't win. Players need to understand the difference between constructive criticism and toxic slander. More experienced players, don't be afraid to try and help others with advice, just do it in a respectful and helpful way. Newer players, don't be afraid to take the advice, if you want to improve you have will to listen to someone, and although AlvinTheNutman might not be your first choice, he certainly shouldn't be your last. Amen.

    submitted by /u/jokeywho
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular Opinion: Riot won't make a single change to the pricing system, and if you hate how expensive it, don't spend money.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    So a huge problem this sub, and a lot of the playerbase, is the pricing. It's entirely valid, because it's for sure the most expensive microtransaction system in AAA titles right now.

    The thing is, and I know this might piss people off, but that's why I'm saying it's unpopular..

    Just don't spend money on the game. The skins give no actual gameplay benefit. They don't affect aim, don't give buffs, don't give you secret tricks or more ammo. It's entirely aestethic.

    It's fair to be pissed, it really is a pricey system, and I know people who play free to play games like to support the devs, because that's what makes a free to play game last as long as it does.

    But for every person who stands by "I'm not buying this, the prices are insane", there will be a whale sinking X amount in per week, or just buying a bundle every few months when they like it.

    So at the end of the day, the people who are mad about these prices, simply don't have to buy. You don't have to support the dev, because there are thousands out there already consistently pumping money in.

    TL;DR MTX are entirely aestethic based. You don't HAVE to buy them. It's annoying that you can't, but they won't change their system because they've been doing it for years now and know their audience.

    submitted by /u/TheUnkindledAsh
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Character direction affects spike plant location

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    The Battlepass should have Valorant Points instead of Radianite

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    Most other battle passes in games have the currency used to buy the pass in it. That way if you complete that pass you could buy the next one with those credits you saved. It should be this way for Valorant to, or at least be able to convert Radianite to Valorant Points. Anyone else agree?

    Edit: Thanks for the "bless up" kind stranger!

    Edit 2: Holy shit thanks for all 14 awards y'all are crazy

    The best way to make it change is not give them money. Don't buy the battle pass or Radianite if you don't agree with how they are and what they're used for!

    submitted by /u/bobjohnsonO78
    [link] [comments]

    Radianite points are useless to be in the battle pass if none of the battle pass skins are able to be upgraded using the radianite.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    I'm tier 23 I'm the battle pass and I already have 100 radianite points which is cool but there is literally nothing to spend them on unless you spend $100 on the bundle. It's seems a little dumb to have the radianite points in the pass when you can't use them on other skins that you can get from the pass. I'm happy to buy the battle pass because it's a free game so it makes sense to make players pay for the pass but there is no way I'm spending $100 on the bundle and I think most people don't want to buy the expensive bundle either. If this is the way it's going to be in a few months people like me are just going to have heaps of radianite and you can't even use it.

    submitted by /u/Bo3ing787
    [link] [comments]

    I would gladly wait a few minutes for a better match experience. Unrated team balance is an absolute joke right now.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    As someone who was Immortal 2 in beta and I assume has a decently high hidden mmr. I have to say the past few days have been an absolute nightmare for solo q in unrated. Every single match at least 3 (sometimes all 4) players on my team are SIGNIFICANTLY lower elo than me. To the point where if I don't drop 30+ kills every game I don't have a chance at winning. I mean spectating many of my teammates it appears it could very well be their first FPS games many times.

    This has gotten extremely frustrating. It feels like generally the enemy team might not have the potential "raid boss" as I saw termed in another post that drops 30+ kills but they have more players who are generally capable of holding their own. I've had several games now where I'm dropping 35+ kills and still losing because when it comes time to play defense I can't be on every bombsite. This leads to me having to play really aggressive and pretty stupid just to try to make plays because I know my teammates are not good enough to stall/stop any site executes. Even on attack I generally have to be the one to try to open up a bombsite even if I'm playing an agent that doesn't have the best entry tools. So it's either I get a couple picks and we stand a chance, or I die/get traded and it feels like the round just quickly falls apart after that.

    It would be one thing if this game had a small playerbase and i was sitting in Q for 20+ minutes before creating these shit show of matches. But as it stands I'm getting matches instantly upon searching. So it's not even taking the time to try to find balanced games. That's what the most frustrating part. I would gladly wait 5-10 minutes for a match where I'm not going to be pulling my hair out while spectating my teammates.

    Everyone loses in this scenario. My very much lower elo teammates just get stomped. I sometimes get tilted and even have a somewhat toxic remark every now and then after it builds up so my teammates probably feel shitty if I say something in the heat of tilt. The enemy team's low elo players that I'm stomping aren't having a fun match. Literally no one in the lobby is having a fun match the majority of the time.

    There is absolutely no reason with how massive of a playerbase this game probably has that it can't get better matches for every skill level.

    submitted by /u/FizzleFox
    [link] [comments]

    we stumbled upon a strange ritual on ascent…

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    In case you didn't know each character has a subreddit and discord server for R&D but few people know about them so I am spreading awareness

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    r/BreachMains – 314 subs

    r/BrimstoneMains – 299 subs

    r/CypherMains – 1,612 subs

    r/JettMains – 801 subs

    r/OmenMains – 664 subs

    r/PhoenixMains – 261 subs

    r/RazeMains – 240 subs

    r/ReynaMains – 192 subs

    r/SageMains – 589 subs

    r/SovaMains – 797 subs

    r/ViperMains – 1,490 subs

    Each discord server is in the pinned post in each sub. I'm not the owner of any of the subreddits or discord servers I just wish they weren't so dead.

    ps: here is my personal favorite resource to learn ability spots

    submitted by /u/dilviko
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Stop defending tripwires

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    As a Cypher main, when we're on defense, I don't need you holding the angle that my tripwire is blocking. It's there for a reason - it catches oblivious fools rushing in, and forces those going for a slow, stealthy push to announce their arrival by shooting it out. That angle already has a soft-hold on it.

    If you're holding that angle, or worse still, holding the angle in front of it, our team loses the utility the wire provides. Sure, you spotted them before my wire did. But now you're dead, they're on edge, and I'm outnumbered. I don't want that. I want them complacent, and then dead.

    The wire creates information asymmetry - we know where they are, even if they shoot it out, but they have no idea what's in store for them. Just stand a little further back round a corner where they can't see you, but close enough to take them out once the wire activates. If they can see you without crossing the line, you're too close. You'll probably get the kill before me anyway, so there's no need to rush.

    Tripwires are meant to give the defender an advantage in holding the site, so let it. Stand back, let the enemy walk into it, and pounce out on that glowing orange silhouette. I might even cage him for even more of a crapshoot, if I have one available.

    They have their peeker's advantage, so let me give you this one to offset it. If done right, they're now exposed and you're the one peeking out to kill them. Easy kill for you, free assist for me. We both finish the round happy.

    If you can't stand playing the waiting game, there's another site on the other end of the map, where pushing is a legitimate strategy. Go there instead. Just come over and back me up if you see one of my wires turning red.

    And for the love of god, Raze, stop satchel jumping at my wires. They are subject to friendly fire too. To a lesser extent, Phoenix, your flashes stun my camera too. Reyna is good though, love that woman.

    submitted by /u/Isares
    [link] [comments]

    I can't wait for Ranked games

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    for now, me and my friends have been playing Valorant since the Beta and it is a quite good game. We've all been playing ranked games but our skippgap was a bit too big and so I play solo rankeds and they play together to rank up.

    Anyways, since we just have normals right now, every single game is a absoulute mess. My mates end up with having ~10 kills and I have +30 nearly every game and so the enemies start accusing me of beeing a hacker and so on. I mean, we make fun out of it and start trolling them but still it reaches the point of just beeing annoying.

    In order to fix this problem, ranked games shoud be released ASAP!

    submitted by /u/LOY4L
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Let us buy additional GunBuddies we already own with Radianite

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Currently, I don't know of a way to obtain more than x2 of a certain GunBuddy. Also, there is not much content to spend Radianite on. I would like to be able to spend my Radianite to get more duplicates of my favorite GunBuddies.

    submitted by /u/Zire_the_Rat
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Motivating your teammates instead of bringing them down will help your morale and your teams.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    Hello there,

    I'm probably a nobody to most people, but I wanted to get this out to whoever reads this. As mentioned in the title, motivating your teammates instead of flaming them will actually boost the mentality of you, and your teammates. Let me elaborate.

    Little background, I am generally known as a "toxic" player. I have a short temper and I tend to flame my teammates, and even my friends at times whenever they are unable to keep up with the skill that I am at. After some time off of gaming, I invested in myself and took time to enjoy what I have.

    After this break, I decided to hop on Valorant again in hopes of having a good time. Instead of having the thought to "sweat" or "tryhard", I took a step back to enjoy the game. Anyways, this game, we were down 4-8 by half time. While I think having a competitive approach to the game is great, if you aren't becoming the next professional player then I think it's even better to have a good time rather than trapping yourself in a situation where you are constantly stressed if you don't win.

    4-8

    It was at this moment in time, my teammates were down, not having any motivation and were ready to give up. I guess I could say that the 'old me' would talk shit to my teammates about how bad they are and how they couldn't even get more than 10 kills. Instead, I tell them, "Don't worry guys, if we're all having a good time with each other and this is a learning experience, we will get the most out of it."

    Next thing you know, everybody feels so much more confident and we start winning rounds. Little by little, while even down 6-10 at one point, we had our momentum going for 11-10, winning 5 rounds in a row. Everybody is feeling good about themselves, and more confident in their abilities.

    We ended up winning the game, and I'm sure we definitely got the most out of it. Everyone was able to pick up a couple new things while also having a good time. Here is the end game screen:

    Final Score

    (Names blurred out for privacy purposes)

    end of rant. Hopefully the reader is able to get something out of this post!

    tl;dr - Don't be a jackass, motivate your team even if you are losing, you might be able to win the game!

    submitted by /u/Melneo_
    [link] [comments]

    Unrated queue - changes regarding matching players needs to be addressed ASAP

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    Unrated queue - changes regarding matching players needs to be addressed ASAP

    Hello,

    I know that at least a few posts appeared about unfair and unbalanced unrated matches are right now but I didn't see any response from RIOT about this. In my opinion this has to be addressed ASAP.

    I thought that the worst experience for all - experienced and newbie players - can be found in Quake Champions where there was (is?) no hidden MMR or it just worked like that. People were randomly paired, no matter the skill level. For me, it was the worst system that exists in competetive games but I feel like unrated queue in Valorant is trying to beat that in negative way.

    I can wait longer for the match to have more players on my level than to have such discrepancies like this. Unfortunately most of my matches looks like that. :(

    Fingers crossed that this will be adjusted and fixed.

    https://preview.redd.it/cednnpewqb451.png?width=864&format=png&auto=webp&s=7cffadf1de18505c9184d18e9f0d47717cd5aa91

    submitted by /u/xAceJack
    [link] [comments]

    Somehow it needs to be said again: if you don’t support Riots monetization of their F2P game, vote with your wallet

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    The amount of shit that's being thrown at Riot and the devs for their monetization of yet another brilliant free to play game by the monkeys on the subreddit is ridiculous, to the point where this type of response is already becoming repetitive. But I'm going to say it one more time: IF YOU DONT LIKE THE COST OF SKINS OR THE CONTENTS OF THE BATTLE PASS, DONT WHINE ABOUT IT AND CRY TO THE DEVS.

    Yes, the battle pass isn't self paying like other games. You should factor that into the price, but it's not a requirement for a battle pass to go infinite, at least in my version of the Geneva convention. You also don't have to have the battle pass to enjoy playing the game

    The skin bundles are quite expensive. So what? If you think it's worth the money, buy it. If not, just pick it up after you kill the enemy with the decked out vandal and have some fun w it. None of my friends have skins but we have a blast desperately trying to get the nice skins. SKINS ARE NOT A GOD GIVEN RIGHT. YOU WILL NOT PERISH WITHOUT YOUR FOOD, SHELTER, WATER, AND SKINS.

    The two counter "arguments" are always:

    A) Riot is being greedy!! Why don't they just give us more stuff. Well if you weren't aware, they happen to be a company, not a charity, so they have to make money just to sustain themselves, and are free to make profits if they wish, which they do despite having F2P games exclusively.

    B) I would buy more if it were cheaper/had more loot/etc! Sure. Let's just say that's true. More sales doesn't mean they would make more money from their current design if they slash prices or give you smth which will disincentive you from buying more in the future. I would hope to god riot knows better how to make money than some 14yo gamer.

    Please be nice to Rito.

    submitted by /u/Lord-Bob-317
    [link] [comments]

    Am i the only one who do that?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Some Cypher one way smokes (known and unknown).

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    let's talk about Viper

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    So, most of you already know that but our toxic lady has the lowest pick rate.

    Do I think she is weak? No, definitely not. Could she use a little help? Hell yeah!

    First thing first, did you guys notice the change of her arms color? (from a beautiful bleu/green to some aggressive yellow) might look silly but this really bothers me in game (you notice that every time you pick up your knife or throw a smoke) I would love them to revoked that.

    Now let us talk about the abilities:

    • Her SnakeBites: this is one of her most useful ability, in theory, yet it is the only one who is actually weak. Let me explain, in beta this ability should have slowed to compensate for its low damages, yet they never did it. So, I guess this is not the way riot wants to go with it. However, I would really love higher damages dealt. Let me explain, for example: if you throw it at the end of B main on split, and the enemy team decide to rush through they only lose 15 HPs!! Which is ridiculously low (while trying to rush through brim molly will end up in you dying). I would like it to be at least 70 so people would think twice before doing that.

    • Her PoisonCloud: her strongest ability, I would not change a thing it is her core kit and need to stay this way. Maybe add the possibility to activate it for free on buy phase, so we can check if it is placed correctly.

    • Her ToxicScreen: where riot is looking right now, I do not think it need much changes either. Maybe something like fasten the speed for the toxic screen to go up.

    • Her ultimate (Viper's Pit): I like it, a lot! But it is so situational that it might need a little UP, maybe a sound when enemies enter it (like a cough) too many times enemies just rush through it with ease. It feels like my ultimate does not scare them at all (not like brim, omen, raze ... would) and here comes the main issue with the ultimate it scares allies!!! Like a lot, never have I ever seen an ally coming into my ultimate to back me up. My idea would be to cap decay, like 2/3 of HPs for enemies and 1/3 HPs for allies. That way allies would not be so scared to play around your ultimate. I would also recommend to slower the cast animation (the part when you cannot move or take your gun, not the part when your ultimate grow). It just takes forever man.

    Let me know what you think about that.

    TLDR:

    • Her new arms color is too aggressive for eyes, please get back her beta color.

    • Her SnakeBites needs more damages.

    • Decay needs to be caped to 1/3 HPs for allies!

    • Her ultimate cast time needs to be lower.

    submitted by /u/lLinus
    [link] [comments]

    Has Riot addressed their plans with the "raid boss" matchmaking team compositions?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Games like this: [https://i.imgur.com/ZygOEVk.jpg] shouldn't be a thing. Unrated matchmaking in closed beta felt so much more fun because the structure was more balanced instead of top heavy. Has Riot made any public statement about whether this is intended or not?

    In case you're looking at this thread and you don't know what the "raid boss" mechanic is, it's when both teams have 1 high skilled "raid boss" on each team and then 4 other Iron level players essentially making it so that 1 person either carries the entire team or your whole entire team gets aced by the other team"s "raid boss."

    submitted by /u/unsupervisedchild
    [link] [comments]

    Reyna's eye can intercept omen's teleports

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Newest valorant patch (1.01) made the game performance a lot worse than it was.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    The patch was supposed to make the game smoother, my game was a lot smoother before the update, now during the update I get FPS drops and my game freezes like 5 times and gets me killed all the time (which had never happened before). I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that's suffering from this right now.

    submitted by /u/Assbusta
    [link] [comments]

    Insane FPS drops and lags since last patch

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    I've bee playing since launch and had stable 80fps and close to no issues until yesterday. After 1gb patch i get constant lags, stutters, FPS drops, disconnects, everything's on the menu. Nothing about my network or computer changed. Does anyone else have the same problem?

    Right now it's completely unplayable even on training mode. FPS constantly moves from 80 to 20 and back.

    Edit: This could be coincidence but disabling razer cortex optimization (counter intuitively) seems to help a bit. But then again the whole game freezed on my last match so I dunno.

    submitted by /u/LicenseAgreement
    [link] [comments]

    Vandal | Veteran - custom skin (based on ak47)

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Vandal | Veteran - custom skin (based on ak47)

    A continue of the M1 Garand version of the guardian .

    I think this weapon has no introduction, as is a continuation, the guardian has written "we are valorant" now is the turn of "we are fighters ". I hope you like it, i might do 1 or 2 more skins based on real classic weapons and make a Veteran collection.

    It makes the feeling of veing carved into the weapon (because it actually is carved using normal maps), which means it react to the light as a real metal carved.

    showcase

    cool mag tho

    https://preview.redd.it/e1yt8djy8c451.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e2c521c6171596cd2132cd68eb90bbc2cd81f083

    submitted by /u/NokisDemox
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment